Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

1 hour ago, I FLY said:

I arrived in Somerset West on Sunday to strong winds and rain. Still raining this morning. Hopefully we will get some days like in the photo before we go back to Johannesburg.

We make it look like it's heaven, except lately the weather is terrible 6 days out of 7

spacer.png

This is how the durbanville hills were yesterday

IMG_2738.MOV

I could barely stay on my bike. So over winter now can we please have 2 days of good weather in a row ???

EDIT : lol the story expired on my insta and it doesn't look like uploading videos from the iphone works here

Edited by Jbr

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, ouzo said:

even in joeys we were cycling at an angle yesterday

We had that cold , strong wind for our ride on Saturday morning in Jhb and a wet ,strong wind ride in the Raithby trails yesterday. Woke up this morning to some rain . Hopefully it will clear up later so we can go for a ride after work. 

Edited by I FLY
grammer

Just now, I FLY said:

We had that cold , strong wind for our ride on Saturday morning in Jhb and a wet ,strong windy ride in the Raithby trails yesterday. Woke up this morning to some rain . Hopefully it will clear up later so we can go for a ride after work. 

I skipped saturday morning and went saturday afternoon.

Went out yesterday morning, it was atleast warmer than saturday but there were stretches where the wind was hitting me from the side and I noticed I had the bike cranked over at an angle into the wind in order to stay upright.

The hills I struggled down on the way out I flew up on the way back.

Just now, ouzo said:

I skipped saturday morning and went saturday afternoon.

Went out yesterday morning, it was atleast warmer than saturday but there were stretches where the wind was hitting me from the side and I noticed I had the bike cranked over at an angle into the wind in order to stay upright.

The hills I struggled down on the way out I flew up on the way back.

I got 3 wind assisted PRs yesterday so some benefit to being out in the wind.

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

We make it look like it's heaven, except lately the weather is terrible 6 days out of 7

spacer.png

This is how the durbanville hills were yesterday

IMG_2738.MOV 1.34 MB · 0 downloads IMG_2738.MOV 1.34 MB · 0 downloads

I could barely stay on my bike. So over winter now can we please have 2 days of good weather in a row ???

EDIT : lol the story expired on my insta and it doesn't look like uploading videos from the iphone works here

Who needs a selfie stick when your arm is that long?

1 hour ago, I FLY said:

I got 3 wind assisted PRs yesterday so some benefit to being out in the wind.

I thought about going for some PRs on the way back but decided to stick to the game plan and keep it a zone2 ride, so just sat back and enjoyed the fruits of my labour of battling the headwind going out.

Saturdays ride was a short balls to the wall all out effort going out and back (that somehow averaged out to a zone 3 ride when I was hoping for a zone 4)

23 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I thought about going for some PRs on the way back but decided to stick to the game plan and keep it a zone2 ride, so just sat back and enjoyed the fruits of my labour of battling the headwind going out.

Saturdays ride was a short balls to the wall all out effort going out and back (that somehow averaged out to a zone 3 ride when I was hoping for a zone 4)

If your short hard efforts were zone 4/5/6 and you had recovery in between dragging it to zone 3, then that’s okay.

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

If your short hard efforts were zone 4/5/6 and you had recovery in between dragging it to zone 3, then that’s okay.

I think it was the stops for traffic lights and the cool down afterwards that dropped it to zone 3

45 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

heathen.....

Ya. After I got hit by a car training for SA's, the Chinese doesn't like me riding on the road on my own. So, Riverfields during the week it is then.

Gotta keep things happy on the home front.

4 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

Ya. After I got hit by a car training for SA's, the Chinese doesn't like me riding on the road on my own. So, Riverfields during the week it is then.

Gotta keep things happy on the home front.

This is true... I'm also banned from doing a number of things on my own and in many instances, rightly so. Luckily she still lets me out on the bike by myself, but not without live tracking.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, geomark said:

Next time maybe take the road bike and do the Valley of Desolation.

Stopped over in Graaf-Reinet last week on our way to riding the mountain passes around Rhodes (will post pics later), wanted to go ride Valley of Desolation but one of my companions convinced me it is closed for cyclists. The Bastard ????????... Now I see on Strava it is fairly frequently cycled...