Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

Just now, Robbie Stewart said:

Annoyed more than anything...how to explain to the missus I'm ready to ride again...been down this road before.

Same here, the missus moan every time I want to go for a ride after my oopsie .... :( .

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, TheoG said:

Ja ja, they are lower, and the pain in the foot and ankle is very real.  The recovery process is a pain in the arse because you suddenly get hugely dependent on other to do even simple tasks.

That first time you realise you cant even carry a cup of coffee from the kitchen to the tv .... 

40 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Practicing a manual...

20210925_142747.jpg.5fed14d197d34663e9df99f942f0972b.jpg

PS...that ER looks familiar haha. Panorama?

3 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

nobody even asked .... is the bike okay ?

Robbie speedy recovery, trust you will be back on the "black-on-black" again soon :thumbup:

I dunno. I did this infront of my house. At first it was only me. I called out for help but no one answered. Then a car appeared and hooted at me to get out the way. I was waving wildly that I was injured. Then the oke flashed his lights. As he sped past I saw it was security...

A lady jogger assisted me. She picked up my bike and took it into my garage. I dragged myself onto the pavement. 

Called a mate as my wife was shopping and did not pick up. Ambulance carted me off to hospital.

Kudos to Community Paramedics who assisted me.

The bike? I dunno, but its Spez so should be good. They build them solid. ????

12 minutes ago, MORNE said:

ok just to be clear....on a mtb or a motorbike? 

if the former: Mr. Glass,  is that you??

hehe.

get well soon. 

/comic sans/

PS, time for a gravel bike?

/comic sans/

Mtb

I will ride gravel only if I can SEND IT!!!????????????

11 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Same here, the missus moan every time I want to go for a ride after my oopsie .... :( .

So funny story...My wife had her childhood friend visit over the weekend. As I was heading out the door I hear her say to her mate "hy weet as hy val moet hy nie vir my bel nie"....

6 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I dunno. I did this infront of my house. At first it was only me. I called out for help but no one answered. Then a car appeared and hooted at me to get out the way. I was waving wildly that I was injured. Then the oke flashed his lights. As he sped past I saw it was security...

A lady jogger assisted me. She picked up my bike and took it into my garage. I dragged myself onto the pavement. 

Called a mate as my wife was shopping and did not pick up. Ambulance carted me off to hospital.

Kudos to Community Paramedics who assisted me.

The bike? I dunno, but its Spez so should be good. They build them solid. ????

Lucky its not a Momsen or you would be fkd!

Bad luck on the broken leg..years ago I bought I fancy ass CB900 motorbike....few days later a truck turned in front of me and voila,  I had a broken leg...and a wrecked bike...My occupation at that stage was cheffing...And what fun that was when I got back to work...We take so much for granted until it doesn work properly anymore!

All the best for the healing...Slow and steady...

2 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Mtb

I will ride gravel only if I can SEND IT!!!????????????

haha, still trying to figure out how you broke so much doing so little. was it a 60 kph manual? 

I think there is more to this story but i get that certain things need to remain unsaid so that the wife stays calm???? 

Just now, Robbie Stewart said:

So funny story...My wife had her childhood friend visit over the weekend. As I was heading out the door I hear her say to her mate "hy weet as hy val moet hy nie vir my bel nie"....

Thats so funny, my wife use those exact same woorde .... ????????????

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

haha, still trying to figure out how you broke so much doing so little. was it a 60 kph manual? 

I think there is more to this story but i get that certain things need to remain unsaid so that the wife stays calm???? 

If it was I'd be ded...

Na I really did a normal manual at a slow speed. I thank my spez 2FO's for the EXTRA grip on the tar which prevented any lateral movement creating the perfect scenario to break a leg.

But to their credit they are ACE mtb shoes on flat pedals. Super grippy.

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I broke the tibia and the fibula and tore some ligaments. How? Lifting the front wheel to high and forgetting to modulate the brake. Stepped off to not land on my unhelmeted pip and POP.

strongs with the recovery.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one breaking bones doing stupid things. I broke my ankle in march popping a wheelie and not being able to uncleat when I started going backwards a little too quickly for comfort.

6 minutes ago, fanievb said:

strongs with the recovery.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one breaking bones doing stupid things. I broke my ankle in march popping a wheelie and not being able to uncleat when I started going backwards a little too quickly for comfort.

If anyone insists on lifting the front wheel - finger on the rear brake is key...

That's my take away from this mess.

1 minute ago, Robbie Stewart said:

If anyone insists on lifting the front wheel - finger on the rear brake is key...

brake lever? 

major broken bones can only be worse when paired with lots of blood everywhere haha????

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

May there be zero complications and good pain management, @RobbieStewart. Happens so fast, yoh.