• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'm glad the injury is not as bad as it could have been. I am definitely not taking my fortune for granted. Knees and femurs are way worse. I am going to be taking it much calmer on the bike from here on out as at my age (45) fast recovery is no longer a given.

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'm glad the injury is not as bad as it could have been. I am definitely not taking my fortune for granted. Knees and femurs are way worse. I am going to be taking it much calmer on the bike from here on out as at my age (45) fast recovery is no longer a given.

45 ... that is like really old man

14 minutes ago, TheoG said:

No man @Hairy play nice please.  What are you going to tune me at 54? :)

54 ......... be careful when lighting your birthday cake candles, and have a fire extinguisher on hand with your local fire dept. on speed dial should things go south!

On 9/25/2021 at 12:01 PM, Frosty said:

Locals will know where this is, and the possibly “the special”. Another lekker endurance ride on a cracker day, weather-wise.

FCD6D5F3-B323-42E3-B460-51774627F1ED.jpeg.10c8e7441b855e67409074aedc0af389.jpeg

Damn, I haven’t had that hot banana bread in forever . Time for a pit stop me thinks ????

18 minutes ago, Pikey said:

Damn, I haven’t had that hot banana bread in forever . Time for a pit stop me thinks ????

I am just grateful that my wife made an awesome bannananannaaannaa this morning :) 

13 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I am just grateful that my wife made an awesome bannananannaaannaa this morning :) 

Very grateful  ????

12 minutes ago, Pikey said:

Very grateful  ????

The very best banana breads ever were made by my Great Gran.

I have been on a long search for anything that comes close to what my GG would make.

My Gran and my mother have also tried my GG's recipe, but only my wife has come anywhere close to how she used to make it. I actually told her this morning that this loaf was pretty much as good as what my GG used to make.

She nearly shed a tear knowing just how great that loaf was.

18 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

So funny story...My wife had her childhood friend visit over the weekend. As I was heading out the door I hear her say to her mate "hy weet as hy val moet hy nie vir my bel nie"....

If it will make you feel any better, the last time I needed to have the orthopedics put together a broken shoulder, my wife told me to Uber myself to theatre because she was too busy at work (also at a hospital). She did come and fetch me afterwards though, said she was worried I'd order an Uber to some weird place in a half drugged state! ????So, I suppose she still loves me!????

1 hour ago, DJR said:

If it will make you feel any better, the last time I needed to have the orthopedics put together a broken shoulder, my wife told me to Uber myself to theatre because she was too busy at work (also at a hospital). She did come and fetch me afterwards though, said she was worried I'd order an Uber to some weird place in a half drugged state! ????So, I suppose she still loves me!????

My wife is allowed to visit me daily between 3 - 4. She came Sunday and could not or would not make eye contact. She can't come anymore as there's no one to look after our 3 y.o. then. I am definitely in the dog box at the moment. I reckon I'm gonna have to come up with ingenious ways to make things better. Roses ain't gonna cut it this time round.

Easing off the intensity 

Edited to add. Experienced a bit of jet wash this morning for the first time.  As I was approaching the runway at ORT and Singapore Air plane came in for landing in front of me. I passed by below its approach shortly after, all of a sudden I had a swirling head wind with a mix of rather warm and cool air.

I've ridden this road hundreds of times, this is the first time my timing has been such that I felt this.

CE4C03FB-BA61-438D-8FC2-6C5CC45327A1.jpeg.734f44b1ca7e0e383ad7775a4eacb74a.jpeg

Edited by ouzo

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

Easing off the intensity 

Edited to add. Experienced a bit of jet wash this morning for the first time.  As I was approaching the runway at ORT and Singapore Air plane came in for landing in front of me. I passed by below its approach shortly after, all of a sudden I had a swirling head wind with a mix of rather warm and cool air.

I've ridden this road hundreds of times, this is the first time my timing has been such that I felt this.

CE4C03FB-BA61-438D-8FC2-6C5CC45327A1.jpeg.734f44b1ca7e0e383ad7775a4eacb74a.jpeg

They fly either the B777 or A350 here. Both those planes have MASSIVE engines. The B777 was the first twin to go for those ginormous GE90, it has a very distinct sound when ignition takes place during start, we call it the mating call of the GE90.

4 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

My wife is allowed to visit me daily between 3 - 4. She came Sunday and could not or would not make eye contact. She can't come anymore as there's no one to look after our 3 y.o. then. I am definitely in the dog box at the moment. I reckon I'm gonna have to come up with ingenious ways to make things better. Roses ain't gonna cut it this time round.

May you have a speedy recovery Robbie. A month ago I had a slip at at my local trail . What should have been just a grazed knee ended up as two broken ribs. I fell on the round end of the handle bar, no. 2 and 3 costals snapped. It hurt so bad.

On my hands and knees all I could think of was, "don't pass out ,they will find you and phone your wife."

Edit: My family says I use every opportunity to tell people I fell. Thanks for the cue , and may things work out . The partners worry about us. You will think of something nice to make it up.

Edited by Blokman