Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

57 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Yes, yes, it's on the list of things to replace ????. Just needed holders for ctct and that was what the LBS had. 

It is the last two that no one else wanted :P

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey @justinafrika, thanks for asking.

I'm home since Thursday evening, and spent my first weekend sitting on the couch with my leg in the air hating the fact that I was unable to sample some Contermans Black Rhino after some grooming took place last week. I will be living vicariously through all the cool pics being posted on this thread for a couple of months at least it seems. So far, @'Dale has me mighty jealous with his Chappies pic. Pure class, that one.

But I suppose I just have to deal with the hand I have been dealt now. I'm finding some quality time to play with my 3 y.o. daughter and can just about sing along to all the songs on Wiggles on Netflix...

And just for the record, it has not taken long at all for the family (parents, boets, wife) to gang up against me and inform me that I am way too old to be riding a bicycle any more...seeing as I'm not 13 but 45...ek sê maar niks, korporaal.

4 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I'm home since Thursday evening, and spent my first weekend sitting on the couch with my leg in the air hating the fact that I was unable to sample some Contermans Black Rhino after some grooming took place last week. I will be living vicariously through all the cool pics being posted on this thread for a couple of months at least it seems. So far, @'Dale has me mighty jealous with his Chappies pic. Pure class, that one.

But I suppose I just have to deal with the hand I have been dealt now. I'm finding some quality time to play with my 3 y.o. daughter and can just about sing along to all the songs on Wiggles on Netflix...

And just for the record, it has not taken long at all for the family (parents, boets, wife) to gang up against me and inform me that I am way too old to be riding a bicycle any more...seeing as I'm not 13 but 45...ek sê maar niks, korporaal.

The day we stop riding our bicycles is the day we age 4 times faster. Feite. ????

13 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

jump onto GCN and show them the video of the 70+ year olds cycling. Think it was posted in the last week or 2.

That one old toppie has bigger quads than me.

42 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Snow capped swartberg mountains yesterday BD970994-B2BF-408F-820E-ECD583EC1B2B.jpeg.6d91a557d2c945d8ed1f4d1aaeb0824c.jpeg

It's for pics like these we need to petition for a triple-like button. You're winning the week so far.

My folks farm in the Kammanassie, not too far from here. #home.

2 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Snow capped swartberg mountains yesterday BD970994-B2BF-408F-820E-ECD583EC1B2B.jpeg.6d91a557d2c945d8ed1f4d1aaeb0824c.jpeg

Calitzdorp to Kruisrivier?

2 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

It's for pics like these we need to petition for a triple-like button. You're winning the week so far.

41 minutes ago, DJR said:

Calitzdorp to Kruisrivier?

Oudtshoorn towards cango caves past Koos somebody dam to a massive waterfall and then towards de rust and back to oudtshoorn - had no idea it was so pretty  

7EF9015E-7E32-414D-A04B-984C5B6A6C82.png

3 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I went right past them 

4 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

????????  Pointing out that your spill happened at lower speed outside your home’s bound to convince ‘em that us geezers (57) should rather shred even more.  

5 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

????????  Pointing out that your spill happened at lower speed outside your home’s bound to convince ‘em that us geezers (57) should rather shred even more.  

Yep, that's the truth. I am very miffed that the new flow line at Bloemendal will have to wait until the new year before I get to lay down some rubber there. And no amount of moaning, b!tching or crying is going to stop me from doing a good few sessions there. I was planning to spend my December vacation mornings on that line. Now I need to think up some other dreary way to pass the time instead.

I am now of the opinion that cycling is more addictive than any chemical mind altering substance, and the withdrawal therefrom is as severe. (in my opinion - I have no experience w.r.t. chemical substances other than a tramadol rodeo in 2016 brought on by 2x broken arms and a face plant. Quitting that junk was NOT fun)

4 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Stunning pic & cycling heaven, think that part of the world (Kruisrivier & Kango) still relatively under-appreciated among cyclists despite some big events in the area. Especially this time of the year when the landscapes are still green and temperatures usually not too high.