• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ouzo said:

Went looking for hills this morning. Found a hurt locker. 
Felt like the handbrake was up, even stopped at one point to check that the wheels were indeed spinning freely. 
I’m now properly broken. 
BFFB8276-4F25-4A62-983D-6AC5EB8B76DF.jpeg.efb23ee8f011be7a5b8dd09914af1f75.jpeg4236AA11-BE7A-458C-AF5D-7080D7358D71.jpeg.bccef42878a0cf2ab8381ce4b37e9f94.jpeg

Looks like you did Sylvia's pass? That thing is the devil ????

41 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Looks like you did Sylvia's pass? That thing is the devil ????

Started with Primrose Hill (strava segment says Fischers), then went halfway up that hill from Bruma to Silvia, stopped at the Caltex to wait for my mate, waited to long so went most of the way back down and then up with him. 
Klapped Linksfield drive after that, then did some touring around and back up Sylvia’s to my mates place at the top, heading home had to head over Old Makro hill. 

hit my PB on “fischers” and Sylvia’s though. 

Edited by ouzo

3 hours ago, ouzo said:

Started with Primrose Hill (strava segment says Fischers), then went halfway up that hill from Bruma to Silvia, stopped at the Caltex to wait for my mate, waited to long so went most of the way back down and then up with him. 
Klapped Linksfield drive after that, then did some touring around and back up Sylvia’s to my mates place at the top, heading home had to head over Old Makro hill. 

hit my PB on “fischers” and Sylvia’s though. 

There are a couple more big hills in quite close proximity that you could add in if you ever feel like you need to punish yourself for whatever reason

27 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

There are a couple more big hills in quite close proximity that you could add in if you ever feel like you need to punish yourself for whatever reason

I had planned to do more, but the legs were having none of it today

BTW, that’s some next level Strava stalking you did there. 

Edited by ouzo

13 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I had planned to do more, but the legs were having none of it today

BTW, that’s some next level Strava stalking you did there. 

Same, wanted to get to 75km, but when I got to the top of AG Dewit (Fishers Hill) I had had enough ????

On 11/7/2021 at 11:26 AM, ChrisF said:

Had some nice company on Bottelary.

R-1.jpg.3a5b7ff43179d812fd7cc79301cd6352.jpg

Hi @ChrisF!

Thanks so much for the company and the 'race' ????

I semi forgot about Bikehub, have some good memories of this place when it was still theHubSA, the colonel was still in charge, @Ronelle still took pics, @hagar were the president of the west coast, @ShortLegs @Willehond @PokerFace etc were still RSA citizens. Oh i can carry on with an endless list. How times and things have changed.

But 13years and 10months later "not so baby anymore" Yara went on her 2nd road ride, 1st time out in cleats and clipless pedals. We went to Bootleggers in Stellies for compulsary Banana bread and coffee. I finished on 68.3km and she went around the block to complete her 70km! Very proud dad indeed!

bikehub.jpg

bikehub1.jpg

39 minutes ago, BMCfan said:

Hi @ChrisF!

Thanks so much for the company and the 'race' ????

I semi forgot about Bikehub, have some good memories of this place when it was still theHubSA, the colonel was still in charge, @Ronelle still took pics, @hagar were the president of the west coast, @ShortLegs @Willehond @PokerFace etc were still RSA citizens. Oh i can carry on with an endless list. How times and things have changed.

But 13years and 10months later "not so baby anymore" Yara went on her 2nd road ride, 1st time out in cleats and clipless pedals. We went to Bootleggers in Stellies for compulsary Banana bread and coffee. I finished on 68.3km and she went around the block to complete her 70km! Very proud dad indeed!

bikehub.jpg

bikehub1.jpg

You look GOOD in your team kit :thumbup:

R-2.jpg.0a226934baa33e42d95b6176f796ac62.jpg

It was nice to ride with you. 

Somehow doubt I will be able to keep up with the young lady in a few months time. :whistling:

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

Somehow doubt I will be able to keep up with the young lady in a few months time. :whistling:

1 hour ago, ChrisF said:

hey BMC Fan good to hear from you again !!! wow did not know Yara was that old already hope you bought her a BMC yea time sure does fly you must come and visit in Velddrif sometime lekker braaied snoek and a knertsie rooiwyn !!!

On 11/8/2021 at 11:02 AM, ChrisF said:

reading this....its great ...know you as a race fan and a cyclist...wonderful to see your " team"...take care ...regards daveno7