• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, FondTF2 said:

Got this from my Sis in Law this morning. The road down to the Wilderness.

That's the Outeniqua Pass from Oudtshoorn. My dad crossed it this morning from his farm, and seeing this it seems I may call him and enquire as to what made him decide to be driving in this...

edit - I lived in George my whole life until 2013 and I have never seen the pass like this. And I've seen some big rains fall, but from all accounts of friends and family still there this is the worst they've seen.

Edited by Robbie Stewart

2 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

That's the Outeniqua Pass from Oudtshoorn. My dad crossed it this morning from his farm, and seeing this it seems I may call him and enquire as to what made him decide to be driving in this...

Thanks for the clarity.

3 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

My bike will be taking me nowhere for a while as the rains hit the garden route hard - here is a section of the 7 passes road - this is a tar section on the George side near the Saasveld campus 

8AC43816-C720-48F7-BE20-C155B0A6A101.jpeg

Just bunny hop it!

That is pretty crazy, wow. Saw a video of flooding in George today, it looked wild.

WATCH | Heavy rains cause flooding in George | News24

Edited by MrJacques

Any feedback on how far this flooding stretches ?

Sedgefield okay ?  I recall a few years back with some heavy rains and the mouth of the lake to the sea artificially closed they suffered some losses ....

10 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Any feedback on how far this flooding stretches ?

Sedgefield okay ?  I recall a few years back with some heavy rains and the mouth of the lake to the sea artificially closed they suffered some losses ....

Sedgies is OK for now. River flowing over the Karatara and Hoogekraal low water bridges so riding up to Hoogekraal will mean you get a fun river crossing. The mouth is open and flowing strongly. You may want to not say "artificially closed" unless you want to raise the ire of some people.

2 hours ago, NotShatterProof said:

Sedgies is OK for now. River flowing over the Karatara and Hoogekraal low water bridges so riding up to Hoogekraal will mean you get a fun river crossing. The mouth is open and flowing strongly. You may want to not say "artificially closed" unless you want to raise the ire of some people.

Thank you

Jip, last time is was very much artificially closed, by means of buldozers .... they got their timing wrong and could not open the mouth in time and it caused lots of damage ..... "ire" did not begin to describe the "mood" .....

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

Thank you

Jip, last time is was very much artificially closed, by means of buldozers .... they got their timing wrong and could not open the mouth in time and it caused lots of damage ..... "ire" did not begin to describe the "mood" .....

I don't get why people always want to shove their noses into natures business thinking they know better .... idiots!

8 hours ago, Jbr said:

just a little bit windy

"Just a little bit windy" is an understatement. I was out on the Durbanville Hills the last couple of days and I tell you, the BIG gumtrees are having a lie-down in this Southeaster.

Edited by DJR

36 minutes ago, DJR said:

"Just a little bit windy" is an understatement. I was out on the Durbanville Hills the last couple of days and I tell you, the BIG gumtrees are having a lie-down in this Southeaster.

Workday ended in Noordhoek ..... with this "mild breeze" I drove to Houtbay, took out the Blue Beast and did a quick lap from Seattle in Houtbay to Table Mountain and back.  (probably should update my default ride setting from "MTB")

CC-6.jpg.c73386c08911a8b3e884de6df13de071.jpg

The wind certainly added another element to the ride .....

I gave it my ALL .... but just short of my PB .... may get another opportunity at this shortly :clap:

CC-4.jpg.6d6f20cfea75b203037511cd9f75ca95.jpg

BEST way to recharge after a hard ride

CC-5.jpg.64bcc57efcb3408f4b241d2f4bb8a8aa.jpg

Edited by ChrisF

Just now, copperhead said:

You going to be in Villiersdorp tomorrow?  ????

I wish .... ????

But a couple of Noordhoek visits coming up .....

3 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Oh well there go the little 'tail whips' and mini jeep track jumps ....

But of course ????