Where has your bike taken you today?

An3

41 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

That sign still makes me smile when I pass there 🀣

Up to now I've only ever been able to ride with 2 people on the road 'intuitively', my son and my big boet Dangerous Dan.

Riding without having to worry or think about what they'll do, knowing that they ride safe, take their turn when necessary and do nothing stupid ... well now I can certainly add my good mate @PikeyΒ to that list that's for sure!

20220215_072823.jpg

Entertaining ride as usual and always enjoyable πŸ‘Œ Taking turns the wind did make it a little easier as well 😎 

cracker ride.Β 

• Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 'Dale

• DJR

• Frosty

• NotSoBigBen

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NotSoBigBen said:

Up to now I've only ever been able to ride with 2 people on the road 'intuitively', my son and my big boet Dangerous Dan.

Β 

My list totals to only 3. My 2 sonsπŸ‘πŸ‘ and Beattbox.πŸ‘

Edited by DJR

8 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Philadelphia Rd

1B8A84CF-F0CF-4302-B274-75CE77179C6D.jpeg

What sorcery is this invisible kick bike stand you have 😁

3 hours ago, ouzo said:

Full gas effort on my normal morning route. Garmin wants me to recover for 52 hours.

Hit a pothole early on after a failed attempt to bunny hop it and my saddle bag came off, so I had to stop and retrieve that too.

Β 

Β 

image.png

Edited by Frosty

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Β 

image.png

I actually thought about that statement after a group ride I joined yesterday.

I was suffering on a short, steep climb I've ridden many times, standing up and blasting to try and keep in the little lead batch, and felt pretty miff at the top. "Is it supposed to be this hard three-and-some-change years on?" I pondered, feeling as if I'd never really progressed.Β 

Upon the mandatory post-ride Strava reflection I saw I had set a PR on that climb, and realised that it was the same climb I rode on my second group ride ever (a few weeks after getting my first big-boy bike). I also remembered feeling pretty much the same then as I did yesterday, butΒ  on that ride I was clinging on for dear life to the back of the 23km/h average group. Now I was in the front of the lead batch in the 31km/h average group on a mountain bike.

Edited by TyronLab

2 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

I was suffering on a short, steep climb I've ridden many times, standing up and blasting to try and keep in the little lead batch, and felt pretty miff at the top. "Is it supposed to be this hard three-and-some-change years on?" I pondered, feeling as if I'd never really progressed.Β 

Upon the mandatory post-ride Strava reflection I saw I had set a PR on that climb, and realised that it was the same climb I rode on my second group ride ever (a few weeks after getting my first big-boy bike). I also remembered feeling pretty much the same then as I did yesterday, butΒ  on that ride I was clinging on for dear life to the back of the 23kp/h average group. Now I was in the front of the lead batch in the 31kp/h average group on a mountain bike.

20+ years ago, training on the streets around Frosty's 'hood, we would celebrate when we achieved average speeds in the low 20's, 30+ averages were only seen in the likes of the Hyper to Hyper ultra flat big bunch races. Now i'm doing Zone 1 70km rides in the high 20s.

1 hour ago, TyronLab said:

Upon the mandatory post-ride Strava reflection I saw I had set a PR on that climb, and realised that it was the same climb I rode on my second group ride ever (a few weeks after getting my first big-boy bike). I also remembered feeling pretty much the same then as I did yesterday, butΒ  on that ride I was clinging on for dear life to the back of the 23kp/h average group. Now I was in the front of the lead batch in the 31kp/h average group on a mountain bike.

I remember one year, before the year 2YK, I was looking for a specific book at our local library. They said the only copy was available at the other library in town and the library was closing within 30 minutes. I thought we were going full gas, on our PnP specials, until a guy on his steel frame with 19mm wide tyres came flying passed us. We got there as they were closing, so call it a 25-minute ride.

Distance = 8.5Km
Ave. Speed = 20.4Km/h

I could easily do it (with traffic) in half that time, or double the speed; and someone (on their bike) would probably still pass me doing it.

Ever tried typing on a smart phone in the pouring rain? I tried today, on the side of the road trying to unsuccessfully fix a porridge wheel. Had to (try) phone the wife to come fetch me.

Wondering what is inside this tube. It isn’t mine, so perhaps my spare was swapped with someone else’s.

169815DA-42E1-4951-9F13-691286DC59C8.jpeg.357b653d7d859b74bd8dbe5fdf0d95e9.jpegF001D917-5525-465B-81DD-30A8D78DA43F.jpeg

Edited by Frosty