Jump to content

Where has your bike taken you today?


An3
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Frosty said:

I guess if the pass is rideable, by us fun riders, it is something one can train for, eg. doing sweet spot intervals so you get used to going somewhat hard, recover, somewhat hard, recovery, repeated many times over (all below the red-line).

I once read that walking repeats up a climb is also training. 🤣

Oh boy...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 23.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

The pass is a tough climb and I’ve done it both ways a few times - for a not so light guy I climb ok as I have no option where I live but to up my climbing game - what scares me is doing this monster with 140 odd km in my legs - I go over 100km only a few times a year and generally on a road bike which is faster so this is going to be a test - I plan to ride a 100km once a week from this weekend leading up to around the pot 24th of July which will be my first 100 miler 

I am capable of 10 hours in the saddle I’ve discovered this year and I can ride 100km 3 days in a row at a non race pace

For me this will be a challenge I think so I hope to go and climb it once or twice before race day 

I am also definitely taking some light walking shoes and will shamelessly change into them and push if I need to 

I've pushed up sections of the pass during the race. I did not feel shame. 

If you stick to your training plan you will smash the race. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Patchelicious said:

Oh boy...

Please expand on your comment; maybe more than one other person will benefit from it.

Nothing below counter argument will be allowed.

79C9B648-61C3-4980-9C32-7086FA284637.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I guess if the pass is rideable, by us fun riders, it is something one can train for, eg. doing sweet spot intervals so you get used to going somewhat hard, recover, somewhat hard, recovery, repeated many times over (all below the red-line).

I once read that walking repeats up a climb is also training. 🤣

Don't, just don't. 😷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Please expand on your comment; maybe more than one other person will benefit from it.

Nothing below counter argument will be allowed.

79C9B648-61C3-4980-9C32-7086FA284637.png

 

Polarized sunglasses 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I've pushed up sections of the pass during the race. I did not feel shame. 

If you stick to your training plan you will smash the race. 

 

I’ve put a laugh here - smash it I won’t - mash it and survive the cutoff 

smash it was what I thought I was doing up a hill here the other day when a boy so underdeveloped he looked like a pre teen girl whizzed passed me and said “dag oom” as he cruised out of sight while I was full gas 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I’ve put a laugh here - smash it I won’t - mash it and survive the cutoff 

smash it was what I thought I was doing up a hill here the other day when a boy so underdeveloped he looked like a pre teen girl whizzed passed me and said “dag oom” as he cruised out of sight while I was full gas 

 

I was PUSHING myself to complete the Fine Breede in a personal record time ....

 

I was beginning to see stars ....

 

The longer route joined up for the last section ... with less than a km to go I gave it my all ....

 

En hier kom n laerskool bliksimpie verby my met n moerse smile: "Hello oom"

 

 

In that moment my ego hurt worse than my legs and lungs ....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

I’ve put a laugh here - smash it I won’t - mash it and survive the cutoff 

smash it was what I thought I was doing up a hill here the other day when a boy so underdeveloped he looked like a pre teen girl whizzed passed me and said “dag oom” as he cruised out of sight while I was full gas 

 

getting up and over and beating cut off IS smashing it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Jbr said:

yass I asked on french forums and got no good answer and now I have to just mention my trip on the hub to finally have a decent option, thanks for that !

I found rentals around hotspots like Mt Ventoux but I can't go from 12hrs/600+TSS a week to nothing for 6 weeks...  or maybe just a couple runs to hotspots where I can rent something.

I'll ask around Lyon if I can find a decent road bike otherwise I'll just ride my stepdads hardtail with my road pedals/shoes it will be better than nothing. Then most probably use these guys for when we stay in Marseille at the in laws ! 

You can thank me by posting lekker pics here when you there riding. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Kayamandi Bridge, Stellenbossie

 

Joh Dale. Last time you made the Bellville CBD look good, I thought that was a lucky shot, but now you did it with Kayamandi too!

Can I please schedule a photo shoot with you, maybe you can even make me look good!?

Edited by DJR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

My Profile My Forum Content My Followed Content Forum Settings Ad Messages My Ads My Favourites My Saved Alerts My Pay Deals Settings Help Logout