Muslim MTBers

Catatonic_Joe

Puzzling question. How do you judge a Muslim on appearance?

It's easier on Fridays. In Malawi it was white robes & characteristic hats.

& the overtly devout fellas have a small dark patch on their foreheads from (for want of a better phrase) carpet burns.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

guys/dolls i really appreciate the friendly banter wrt this topic. it is so light hearted and just shows the friendship and comaradery between cyclist. this has really brought a smile to my face. :D

At the 94.7 massage centre there was this hot shot rider having a massage who did the race in a time faster than my 3:10. I was in awe. What was so special? Well, besides that fact that she was covered in cycling kit from head to toe, including a headscarf and was Muslim, and massaged like that, absolutely nothing. The only female Muslim rider around?

Wslm

There's plenty of us Muslim roadies in Jhb, but few mtb'ers - I knew of just one guy, and he moved to Cape Town! I'm sure and many of us will make the transition at some point. I personally would love to, and to do the journey those two Cape brothers did - they rode all the way to Saudi Arabia for hajj this year! Wow!

That's cool, is there a blog link to the story?

A lot of places claim to be a Mecca for mtbers, so what are the trails in saudi actually like?!

Ask a oke from laudium, though might be slightly damaged after they fell of the truck.

Lauduim...In pe thats a area called malabar any pe cats out there know what im talking about??

I too made the transition from road to mountain 2 years ago.

Great to be in the mountains. Did the Sani 2 C adventure race this year, partner and I were the only 2 muslims, I think. Had an awesome time and everyone was friendly. Only problem is we had to go vegetarian. When we got to the finish, wives were waiting with masala steak sandwiches.

Lauduim...In pe thats a area called malabar any pe cats out there know what im talking about??

I'm not from there, but my wife is. That place is so gevrek, do they even know what a truck is? :)

Boeta Joe,

Am I the muslim kaapie you are referring to?

Of course u are Beenie.

I think next time I enter a MTB race, im gonna put up one corner Takeaway, where we gonna sell some spicy Samoosa's for after the race. You white people love that stuff. May be some Bunny chows?

BTW guys, thanks for all your comments.

Went for a MTB ride the other day with a great black guy from Zimbabwe, was like a breath of fresh air , and HE CAN RIDE !!!!!!

R3SL, dont worry I was not on it this time.

But you have a valid point as the Muslims are very well represented on the road ie CT GIANTS and MC2, come on guys get a DIKWIEL .

I started cycling to work for a couple weeks now, the black guys that commute to work in the mornings keep me going. The first few times I couldn't keep up with them. Now I start racing with the guys. it's quite funny. As soon as as overtake them, they start pushing to keep up me.

Lat week this guy started riding on my arse (not literally) after I overtook him, then coming Chester road, i began getting exhausted trying to keep a good pace with this dude. THen I was like "Just go on without me", and he just FLEW up that hill.

Of course u are Beenie.

I think next time I enter a MTB race, im gonna put up one corner Takeaway, where we gonna sell some spicy Samoosa's for after the race. You white people love that stuff. May be some Bunny chows?

BTW guys, thanks for all your comments.

I love samoosas too. Great plan Joe, distract them ith samoosas so we can move up the ranks :D

At the 94.7 massage centre there was this hot shot rider having a massage who did the race in a time faster than my 3:10. I was in awe. What was so special? Well, besides that fact that she was covered in cycling kit from head to toe, including a headscarf and was Muslim, and massaged like that, absolutely nothing. The only female Muslim rider around?

She's a doctor to boot. There are a few female Muslim roadies around.

As an aside to Yangs observation.

Are muslim woman requiried to be covered in head to toe while riding ?

Not wanting to start a flaming war please.

That's cool, is there a blog link to the story?

A lot of places claim to be a Mecca for mtbers, so what are the trails in saudi actually like?!

cape2mecca.blogspot.com

I think their Facebook page is called Cape 2 Mecca Cycle

Muslim riders are easily identifiable:

1. circumcision results in less shuffling on the saddle.

2. they are those male who are always squatting when pissing in the bush.

3. when climbing a monster climb following a female rider, they always drop their gaze.

thats all for now folks.

sorry they always ask how much your bike? and what discount?

Muslim oke is the one with the beard that sold you the new bike lots cheaper than anyone else could