Lucky to be alive!

pedal menace

A friend of mine yesterday afternoon had an encounter with a truck.  I will try and attach a few pictures to show the bike. Can you believe he only escape with a few scratches!

20071018_014018_BikeUnderTruck1.JPG

20071018_014054_IAmOK.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am afraid he doesn't.....a very costly accident! I am just glad he is alive and unhurt. Brief summary: Driver tried to run friend of road. Friend at robot asked driver why he did it. Driver wound window up and dragged friend (stil clipped in bicycle) until someone from public forced truck to stop. Driver tried to run away. Was apprehended by public. Police arrived 2 hrs afterwards and did nothing! No one was hurt so they are not really needed at accident scene. Simply stated that friend can go to police, open case and wait for them to investigate. The driver was driving a truck from the company called Motorvia.

I am really happy that he can smile & talk about his experience.

Once again guys, be patient and Be Safe!!!

That's crazyAngry. Like you say at least he is ok.

If I was him I would definately make a point of going to see this company.

Damn, if you can walk away from an accident like this alive, that's when you know there is somebody out there looking after you.

Accident happened just outside Pretoria (Paul Kruger Str). I agree, even if the company does not replace the bike, the driver had intent, and that was to hurt/kill the cyclist. A driver like that should never ever drive a truck again. The company most definitely need to be notified. I requested my friend to get in touch with their MD directly!

I'm confused .... if this was an intentional thing ... and by your comments it sounds like it was, why does your friend not lay a charge of homicide or attempted manslaughter against the driver? And maybe a charge of negligence against the police? Someone must k@k for this! Angry 

I am afraid he doesn't.....a very costly accident! I am just glad he is alive and unhurt. Brief summary: Driver tried to run friend of road. Friend at robot asked driver why he did it. Driver wound window up and dragged friend (still clipped in bicycle) until someone from public forced truck to stop. Driver tried to run away. Was apprehended by public. Police arrived 2 hrs afterwards and did nothing! No one was hurt so they are not really needed at accident scene. Simply stated that friend can go to police' date=' open case and wait for them to investigate. The driver was driving a truck from the company called Motorvia.
[/quote']

Hi Pedal - if your friend doesn't get any joy from them in recovering his damages, I'm prepared to assist pro amico up to trail stage! He should definitely also lay criminal charges against the driver for attempted murder and the lesser charge of assault (GBH).

I am afraid he doesn't.....a very costly accident! I am just glad he is alive and unhurt. Brief summary: Driver tried to run friend of road. Friend at robot asked driver why he did it. Driver wound window up and dragged friend (stil clipped in bicycle) until someone from public forced truck to stop. Driver tried to run away. Was apprehended by public. Police arrived 2 hrs afterwards and did nothing! No one was hurt so they are not really needed at accident scene. Simply stated that friend can go to police' date=' open case and wait for them to investigate. The driver was driving a truck from the company called Motorvia.
[/quote']

A couple of them should have beaten the crap out of the driver then someone would have been hurt! Smile

Mind you, then the previously innocent rider would most likely be the one sitting in choekie Dead

I am afraid he doesn't.....a very costly accident! I am just glad he is alive and unhurt. Brief summary: Driver tried to run friend of road. Friend at robot asked driver why he did it. Driver wound window up and dragged friend (stil clipped in bicycle) until someone from public forced truck to stop. Driver tried to run away. Was apprehended by public. Police arrived 2 hrs afterwards and did nothing! No one was hurt so they are not really needed at accident scene. Simply stated that friend can go to police' date=' open case and wait for them to investigate. The driver was driving a truck from the company called Motorvia.
[/quote']

A couple of them should have beaten the crap out of the driver then someone would have been hurt! Smile

Mind you, then the previously innocent rider would most likely be the one sitting in choekie Dead

and in case anyone was wondering, no I was not the oaf who shouted and swore at the lady in the other topic. Big%20smile