Thule or Buzz rack?

Dragu

Hi all,

Need advice on which bike carrier to buy. Looking at the Thule EuroRide 943 vs the Buzz rack Buzzrunner Ball both retailing around R4000?

Thanks

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at the same and bought the Euroride.

I just trust Thule, thats all. Have heard of issues with the buzz but apparently they are reliable and parts are available.

Like that the thule has a metal bar at the back to protect the lights/rack from damage.

3 bikes are still a very tight fit on both.

The Buzz does have more features for the same $ and is lighter.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback! Will look at them again but am also leaning towards the Thule

I've got a Bussrack and simply cannot get parts. The clamps that hold the bike in place don't work and I need them repaired/replaced. I bought the Buzzrack from Cajees and they are unable to tell me where to get it fixed!

I strongly recommend that you stay well away from Buzzrack.

Try Saris bike racks from Bicycle power trading. Life time garantee on all there products and they are based in Woodmean and stock all spare parts.There pricings are really really good. After sales service is also great.

Have a look on there besite www.bicyclepower.co.za

Try Saris bike racks from Bicycle power trading. Life time garantee on all there products and they are based in Woodmean and stock all spare parts.There pricings are really really good. After sales service is also great.

Have a look on there wesite www.bicyclepower.co.za

Hi all,

Need advice on which bike carrier to buy. Looking at the Thule EuroRide 943 vs the Buzz rack Buzzrunner Ball both retailing around R4000?

Thanks

Dragu

I bought a double "ride on" raleigh carrier over December , only paid R1700 for it at my LBS in Rustenburg .

Now I went through the Karoo and back with 2 mountain bikes and a small kiddies bike strapped to the second bike , I am not ashamed to admit that I never drove slower then 170km/h through the Karoo because ........................just because....

No problems easy to hook on and really value for my money .:clap:

I just returned from the Eastern Cape having driven over some fairly bumpy tar roads and had to stop 3 times to clip my Thule 943 bike rack tilt mechanism back in place after it failed and tilted the whole rack backwards, bike and all at 120 km/h. Fortunately my bike stayed on the rack but did make for a stressful journey. One advantage of buying a Thule rack is that I know the guys at Thule will help me sort the problem out.

Hi all,

Thanks

I have got a Thule Euro and it is great . Why look at options when we all know Thule is good.

R3SL

Thule it will be, thanks all :thumbup:

Also look at Holdfast. Sprint is around R2750 incl. Locally produced and well supported - HF has been around a long time.

Holdfast parts are available from most bike shops and sports shops. If notthey can order for you. They are dispributed by Stealth Product based in Durban if I remember correctly. I have bought clips, straps, and spare towbar brackets from them. Very helpful and friendly :thumbup:

Well if they are both the same price then have a look at weight, obviously the lighter 1 will b easier to attach to the vehicle and remove (plus a little petrol saved here and there isn't ever bad.

My Uncle is the Agent for Buzz rack so I am giving a unbias opinion here.

Mike tell Cajees they are talking rubbish, they know exactly where, they just dont want to send it.

I am looking at the holdfast one Cycle Sprint carrier (where bikes stand similar to Euroride), but can't find proper info. Anybody have one? What is the weight?