Albertus Rust also in crash - Pic Added - Warning, looks a bit rough!!

Woofie

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tarmac, Spaceboy, me and a couple other riders just crashed at Killarney. We made some skin donations, Tarmac was probably the most generous out of all of us, but nothing as grizzly as that.

Hey Luke I also donated some skin to the track (after about 30 minutes) on the back straight with the trees. Got switched. Worst is that my new carbon baby's tob-tube cracked/splintered :(

Earthly possessions I guess and nothing compared to a loss of a life. Condolences to Carla's family and friends.

And all the best for Albertus' recovery! Great time to read cycling books.

All the best of recovery Albertus!

@andydude hope your baby was insured, they should be able to replace that (after only what 3 rides on it? :()

Oooh. That's gonna leave a mark...

Hope it heals up OK and he is back on a (NEW) bike soon.

After all the news yesterday, I was feeling pretty nervous on my bike this morning. Especially in today's honking South Easter.

I'm a bit behind - I heard on the news that a top cyclist was killed yesterday - who was the guy ? and does this accident have anything to do with it ??

I'm a bit behind - I heard on the news that a top cyclist was killed yesterday - who was the guy ? and does this accident have anything to do with it ??

Not a guy, but 23 year old Carla Swart, one of our top female cyclist was killed yesterday when she apparantly lost her cycling computer in some or other way, and got hit by a truck when she turned infront of the truck to retrieve her computer.

No, this accident has nothing to do with it.

Hey Luke I also donated some skin to the track (after about 30 minutes) on the back straight with the trees. Got switched. Worst is that my new carbon baby's tob-tube cracked/splintered :(

Earthly possessions I guess and nothing compared to a loss of a life. Condolences to Carla's family and friends.

And all the best for Albertus' recovery! Great time to read cycling books.

Ja ekt jou gesien toe ek vanaf die werk kom, jul het by die T junction tiekiedraai se kant toe gedraai, het soos n mal poepol jou naam geskree....watse fiets jy dan gekry? Ek't jou op die Giant laas gesien.

Sjoe, sjoe!

Met Albertus yesterday morning at Body 'n Bike for the 1st time.

And we spoke about the road safety challenges as I grabbed my 32 gi and Muscle Milk.

Get strong soon, Albertus!

:)

DDDDDDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!

"That's gonna leave a mark!". <_<

Maar weet een ding.....Chicks dig scars!! Nog iets wat jy kan byvoeg by daai sprankelinde persoonlikheid van jou om nog meer van die meisies te ........mmmm......hoe't jy dit nou weer gestel daar op die eiland?..... :thumbup: :P :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

Word gou gesond ou maat. Dink aan jou en is maar net bly jy haal nog asem!!!!

Strongs! :thumbup: :thumbup:

THANK YOU for all your support, messages and interest! You guys ROCK!!

I pumped Albertus full of Myprodols this morning, and his dad took him to his first day of training to be a dental technologist :)

We still have a completely new Pinarello frame hanging in the bike room (which is for sale, by the way!! Its a Prince and its BEAUTIFUL!))... but I heard another name mentioned this morning ...so hey ..all good!

Just love - and speedy recovery to all those crash victims from Killarney! (can we have a rerun next week pls? :D )

THANK YOU for all your support, messages and interest! You guys ROCK!!

I pumped Albertus full of Myprodols this morning, and his dad took him to his first day of training to be a dental technologist :)

We still have a completely new Pinarello frame hanging in the bike room (which is for sale, by the way!! Its a Prince and its BEAUTIFUL!))... but I heard another name mentioned this morning ...so hey ..all good!

Just love - and speedy recovery to all those crash victims from Killarney! (can we have a rerun next week pls? :D )

Wow, you sent him off to "school" this morning?

HARDCORE!!!!

If that happened to me, I wouldnt leave the house for like a month.

So is there much muscle or tendon damage? Trusting his collarbone is ok?

No bloody way.

Whats going on!!

Hope Albertus recover quickly.

Andydude also going down? Hell bells.

Seems like the new Giants (andy & luke) took a beating yesterday

No bloody way.

Whats going on!!

Hope Albertus recover quickly.

Andydude also going down? Hell bells.

Seems like the new Giants (andy & luke) took a beating yesterday

Yep, my new frame is tickets. Going to have to claim for it and a few other items as well.

Albertus, I wish you a speedy recovery. This year started off all wrong with lots of riders involved in accidents. I still have 50 days to go before I'm allowed back on my bike, with a friend still in hospital with a broken pelvis after an encounter with a dog. I hope and pray that it will get better from now on!

OMF! I only put two and two together now..... Albertus the dental technician. Flip it. We had chatted Tuesday afternoon when I popped in to get my 32Gi. Was gonna be his first day!

Friggin hell! Hope he gets better soon!!