Riding with MP3 or i Pod

Vetseun

Guest agteros

I'm shocked. This topic has never been discussed here before.

Can you provide a blank search as evidence?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only use it on the indoor trainer. I don't even allow my tandem partner to use one when we are on the road :devil:

I don't even allow my tandem partner to use one when we are on the road :devil:

You're like the dictator of a North African country...

Guest agteros

You're like the dictator of a North African country...

But will he sabotage the rear tube of the tandem to proof his point?

But will he sabotage the rear tube of the tandem to proof his point?

Probably. If I owned Libya, that's what I'd do. Blow up the oil fields and seize the french banks. Same as blowing a tube up...

I ride with headphones on with my cellphone FM radio in the background , usually with only one earphone inserted. I personaly don`t like the in-ear type headphones as these cut out too much of the external sound. No problem with anyone using headphones but it depends on the circumstances. Don`t like using them in all races or tough singletrack etc. Use common sense.

Guest agteros

I ride with headphones on with my cellphone FM radio in the background , usually with only one earphone inserted. I personaly don`t like the in-ear type headphones as these cut out too much of the external sound. No problem with anyone using headphones but it depends on the circumstances. Don`t like using them in all races or tough singletrack etc. Use common sense.

Need to be sure here.... Blowing the tube,or blowing the tube up?

I detested the use of mp3 players on training rides and races until I tried them out myself. Can't do without my iPod, however as a roadie and to remain aware of everything around me, I use 1 ear piece at any given time and music played at background level.

This thread is too long to read so sorry if I am repeating someone.

There is an app you can get for iPhone, anything louder than the level you set will play over the headphones

i been riding with music in my ears for years , before i pods , portable cassette players! I just have my new toy a magiclight mp3 player with a loud speaker! Put it in my back pocket only battle to hear it when going really fast down hill . otherwise works well i can hear everthing that going on around me on the tar or in the bush!

http://www.magiclight.co.za/products/Podio

Edited by tikki

Ride with a blackberry car handsfree visor device attached to the neck of my cycling jersey and the BB with the playlist in the back pocket. When I'm on the cycle lane and along safe low volume decent shoulder stretches cycling on my own I turn up the volume. Can still hear the ambient noises around me AND enjoy the beat of the tunes. When I approach other cyclists or hook up with another group I turn the volume right down so that I can barely hear it. Respect that some people don't feel safe unless they can ONLY hear the surrounding sounds. Also respect that when I'm riding on my own it's my choice. Try to be sensible about it.