2009 Argus to go over Boyes Drive

Red Zone

I have just read in my local newspaper that the Argus MAY go over Boyes drive due to the road works on Main Road, this  decision will be taken by the organisers if they decide that the road works pose a danger to the race.

Woo Hoo, I have always wondered why the Argus didnt go over Boyes Drive.

Should propably add about three minutes to your time.

What about Chappies for next year, are the repairs gonna be finished in time and lasting?

Idea, why not run Argus over Chappies one year, and Ou Kaapse Weg next. Might just spice things up a bit.
Wannabe2007-10-26 01:13:39

Ou Kaapse is fine the problem is the drag up the blue route to the finish - that is the killer. And the lack of cool ocean breezes and awesome crowds

Have you guys ever noticed that the Arugs has no technical stuff! Ie Quick tigh corners (Boyes drive ).

That a good idea Windbreaker be a much more exciting route to town !

How does boyes and Ou kaapse sound ?

Boyes Drive = plenty accidents - very dangerous stretch of road, especially for a large bunch.

This event has simply become to big to handle.

If they doing road works - why dont they just hold the argus on an entirely different course instead of putting the competitors life's at risk Angry.

Their are many beautifull places around SA that they could host it to accomodate such huge numbers and if the course is not available as it will be in this case.

A few places, just as pretty that come to mind include the coastal road to Rooi-els, or perhaps even out in the winelands......

I dont think that Boyes drive is such a great idea, that road is too hectic.

Boyes Drive = plenty accidents - very dangerous stretch of road' date=' especially for a large bunch.

This event has simply become to big to handle.

If they doing road works - why dont they just hold the argus on an entirely different course instead of putting the competitors life's at risk Angry.

Their are many beautifull places around SA that they could host it to accomodate such huge numbers and if the course is not available as it will be in this case.

A few places, just as pretty that come to mind include the coastal road to Rooi-els, or perhaps even out in the winelands......

I dont think that Boyes drive is such a great idea, that road is too hectic.

[/quote']

Agreed. The Kalk Bay end would be extremely dangerous with two sharp corners on a steep downhill and a narrow road.

Have to agree. Earlier in the year there was a terrible accident at the bottom of Boyes in one of the summer races. The right turn into main road will definitely have its fair share of hard spills.... 

Picture the pile-ups at the sharp left-hand curve just before the bottom of Boyes! Especially from the inexperienced crowds at the back. WAY TOO HECTIC methinks!Ouch