Edgemead morning training

ccc2

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we start @ 5am from the BP Letchworth. we are back by 6.30am the latest. we are only riding on a tuesday and thursday morning. lights - front & back recommended.

Great stuff, I think I will join you Tuesday morning then..... Looking foward to finally meeting you all. :thumbup:

From (EX Scultura_Rider) :thumbup:

7 riders this morning. nice fast ride. but winter is on it's way. arm warmers are recommended.

I must admit, I really did try and force myself out of my warm bed this morning to come and join you.... BUT it was CoLd!! and bed was just too warm... I will surprise you though sometime in the near future :thumbup: Hope that you had a good ride :thumbup:

set the alarm for 4.30am for a few days before you have to get up for our ride - get the body clock used to waking up at that time.

i set my alarm for 4.30 which means i have to get up straight away - no snooze - , grab a bite (half banana or even a sweet or 2) get dressed, mix bottle, we we, get bike and be off by 4.55 to meet at 5. all of us don't want to dissapoint each other so it's a committment i have to keep.

So tomorrow morning again ... this time I will remember not to wear too much winter kit, just arm warmers :P It's not freezing like early morn Jozi rides :)

a group of road cyclists from the Edgemead/Bothasig/Monte Vista area will be meeting at the BP Service station in Letchworth Drive at 5.00am every Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday mornings.

Tuesday - 40 kms flatish ride

Wednesday - Hill repeats

Thursday - Sprints

We should be back at the BP by 6.45am on each day.

Hi, I see this was posted in January. Are you guys still meeting during the week to ride? Im new to the area and am looking to join some riders

Hi, I see this was posted in January. Are you guys still meeting during the week to ride? Im new to the area and am looking to join some riders

come and join us - we will give this Tuesday a miss becos Wednesday is a HOLIDAY and we will be meeting at the BP Service Station Letchworth Drive @ 7.30 for a lekker ride.

• 7 years later...

Is this cycling group still riding on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings starting at 5am ? Thanks

Is this cycling group still riding on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings starting at 5am ? Thanks

They ride Tuesday (loops of Plattekloof Rd geel basson roads) and Thursday to big Bay mornings at 5am

They ride Tuesday (loops of Plattekloof Rd geel basson roads) and Thursday to big Bay mornings at 5am

And the starting point is still the BP in Edgemead?

Thanks for the quick reply  :thumbup:

And the starting point is still the BP in Edgemead?

Thanks for the quick reply [emoji106]

Yes

Weekends are 0600/06:30 . Just check on city cycling club Facebook for the correct weekend times.