Creaking Cannondale CAAD 7

Baza

Hi ,

I have a Cannondale CAAD 7 Ultegra / Dura ACE and FSA RD400 Wheels

When i pedal there is a very pronounced creaking which sounds like it is coming from the crank. I have taken it in to Cross Town Cycles where they have stripped everything and when i take it on long ride again it still creaks.

I did a 130k Cycle this weekend and even when i am on a flat it creaks. When i climb hills it creaks.

I have taken the bike back again and they still say they can not find the fault of the creaking. I have had the stem replaced and everything has been tightened.

Any help would be great.

From Creaky ...

Okay, it might just sound like it's from the BB but it can actually be the seat post, seat clamp, stem or handlebars. Re grease everything and try again. I would say that is 95% of cases the problem.

Is the bike not haunted ?

Maybe get a priest and sprinkle some holy water over it LOL

It's a Cannondale' date=' that's to be expected ..... LOL (runs and hides for cover)[/quote']

LOL - how's the support for your Colnago doing?Big%20smile Phoned the Colnago support hotline this morning - ling ling no answer!!!!
Man with no name2007-10-29 03:43:54

Okay' date=' it might just sound like it's from the BB but it can actually be the seat post, seat clamp, stem or handlebars. Re grease everything and try again. I would say that is 95% of cases the problem.

[/quote']

Yup, had the same problem with my CAAD5 frame (and with my Alu Giant frame before that), most times it's just the seat post clamp.  And I would not grease the seat post itself..... 

Does it creak on the downhills?

Guess you've realised you're not going to get much help here on this one. LOL

Windbreaker2007-10-29 04:00:14

Had the same problem, ended up that it was the front skewer that came loose as i road, causing the creak

baza.

Old Cannondale problem.  Normally the BB.  The Alu she makes noise.....

Have a look at your drop out too.  Sounds weird but have a look.  DON'T STRIP THE SCREWS!!!!  Soft hands.  Wink

baza.

Old Cannondale problem. 

No Spinnekop, just when I was finally beginning to believe that Cannondale is the perfect bike !!!!Cry

Next thing you'll tell me is that there is no Father Christmas, and Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED !!!Cry 

My Cannondale had a creak in it and at the end of the day it was the quick release that needed some grease.

Very difficult to find a creak on a bike. Start at one point and work your way down. Do only one thing at a time. It can even be your bottle cage that's not lekka.

Next thing you'll tell me is that there is no Father Christmas' date=' and Humpty Dumpty was PUSHED !!! 

[/quote']

BTW, who ever said that Humpty Dumpty was an egg?

And Father christmas must be real utherwise I'm not getting any present this year.