Saddle

Tokyo

I am in the market for a new saddle but finding it quite difficult to decide, there is not as much information out there about Ladies saddles as mens.

I have narrowed it down to 3 choices now if you were me which one would you choose or would you get a different saddle?

Selle Italia Diva Genuine Gel Saddle 2011 From 699.38 ZAR

post-20804-0-10113400-1296129046.png

• Dimensions: W160 X L 265

• Rails: Vanox tube

• Weight: 275g

• Top: Leather

Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow Saddle 2011 From 620.53 ZAR

post-20804-0-50476700-1296129030.png

Features:

• Weight: 280g

• Rail: Managanese Tube

• W 160 x L 262

• Use: Road/ Off Road

Fizik Vitesse HP Ladies Saddle From 689.45 ZAR

post-20804-0-41395400-1296129067.png

• Rail - K:ium

• Scuff Guards - Matt chromed

• Weight - 249 g

• Colours - Black, Blue/Silver or White/Pink.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my girlfriend uses some specialize ladies saddle, quite a nice saddle and she said its comfy. Will find the name for you

Find a bike shop that offers demo saddles that you could stick on your bike for at least a week and give it a try before you buy.

Problem is I am def getting the saddle from crc you see the prices there are all under R700, locally the price are above R2000

except cwc sells the selle diva for R900 but then I have the same problem cant get a domo from them

Die Diva is 'n bekende keuse, die Lady Gel Flow is nie 'n lekker saal nie. M was op 'n Lady Gel Flow en het hom na 3 weke uitgegooi en glo dit of nie, ry nou al baie lank 'n Selle Italia Filante Gel Flow, eintlik 'n mans saal...

Die Fizik Vitesse is ook 'n lekker vroue saal...

Wanneer wil jy bestel?

my girlfriend uses some specialize ladies saddle, quite a nice saddle and she said its comfy. Will find the name for you

Thanks I have a Specialized been using it for about 2 years it was the bottom of the range specialized ladies saddles I have a few complaints but mostly it kills my bum when I do more than 80km. So looking at getting a saddle that will be "comfortable" on long rides. But I don’t blame the specialized like I said it is the bottom of the range.

Thanks I have a Specialized been using it for about 2 years it was the bottom of the range specialized ladies saddles I have a few complaints but mostly it kills my bum when I do more than 80km. So looking at getting a saddle that will be "comfortable" on long rides. But I don’t blame the specialized like I said it is the bottom of the range.

I think after 80km anyones bum is gonna be sore. Maybe look at the Brookes range. You cant go wrong there. Costly, but will last a lifetime and your butt will be in heaven on those long rides

Problem is I am def getting the saddle from crc you see the prices there are all under R700, locally the price are above R2000

except cwc sells the selle diva for R900 but then I have the same problem cant get a domo from them

I think if you do your sums and take into account the duties and custom clearance fees with transport charges, with some shopping around you can close the gap in that price difference to an ammount which may justify the cost of a demo saddle. Just saying.

Die Diva is 'n bekende keuse, die Lady Gel Flow is nie 'n lekker saal nie. M was op 'n Lady Gel Flow en het hom na 3 weke uitgegooi en glo dit of nie, ry nou al baie lank 'n Selle Italia Filante Gel Flow, eintlik 'n mans saal...

Die Fizik Vitesse is ook 'n lekker vroue saal...

Wanneer wil jy bestel?

Ek gaan 1ste week in Feb bestel. Dankie nou is dit net tussen die Diva en die Vitesse

I think if you do your sums and take into account the duties and custom clearance fees with transport charges, with some shopping around you can close the gap in that price difference to an ammount which may justify the cost of a demo saddle. Just saying.

No duties on a saddle just vat and total order is above R3000 so no transport fees.

Also buying a saddle for wife. I am sold on Specialized. Why?

1. Comes in 3 different widths and they have a machine to measure you at the Melrose Arch store.

2. They allow you to take a test saddle for a week.

3. They are about R1000 for the better ones.

(only downside is it turns out the one my wife tested is more of a road saddle - she loved it but it only available in white - which would ruin the whole bike colour scheme).

For more than 80km I suggest Brooks. Minimal friction compared to plastic saddles and the 'give' is over the entire saddle as apposed to a localised area with plastic saddles. That being said...Brooks are dog ugly and if you are too light you might not be able to break it in. I bought a Brooks for Christmas - been great so far.

Honey used to complain about her saddles (MTB and roadbike) after every ride. Then she got a On-One Big Nose saddle (R170) from Kiwi (Planet X), and I never heard another word on the matter!!! For her - subject closed! :thumbup:

Edited by MichaelH

Honey used to complain about her saddles (MTB and roadbike) after every ride. Then she got a On-One Big Nose saddle (R170) from Kiwi (Planet X), and I never heard another word on the matter!!! For her - subject closed! :thumbup:

Wow that is one ugly saddle, talk about ruining the look of your bike makes a brooks seem like the attractive option ;)

Edited by Foxy

Wow that is one ugly saddle, talk about ruining the look of your bike makes a brooks seem like the attractive option ;)

Eish.