Hardtail vs Dual suspension

Vetseun

Ceres and Mackie, does TNT need to spell out dual ?

Sorry Mr. Dangle, forgot I was back at school. :(

Edited by Ceres

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very correct my good man, only noticed my grammar error after posting. Forgive me for I am only human

This is a DUEL:

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/depsta/iss/archives/rag/image/duel.jpg

FFS! Do I have to be the grammar nazi as well?

So correct, your effort to help the planet is greatly appreciated :clap:

dual (not comparable)

1. Characterized by having two (usually equivalent) components.
  2. Double.

duel (plural duels)

1. Combat between two persons, often over a matter of honor.
  2. A struggle between two contending persons, groups or ideas.

:)

Theres a place for a hardtail - in a museum! :D Seriously, theres a time and place for both but if your thing is having fun on a bike then go dual. More forgiving in the ultra rough stuff and less punsihing on the body. I'll never go back...

Enjoy the Spark. Wish my dual weighed that little...

Well, my riding buddy is so sold on his new 26" hardtail frame(giant xtc) he is selling his full sus frame. He is absolutly convinced its the way to go. Im very surprised :o

Well, my riding buddy is so sold on his new 26" hardtail frame(giant xtc) he is selling his full sus frame. He is absolutly convinced its the way to go. Im very surprised :o

He's not a first, i know of a few.

IMO no better or worse, but what works for you in the end.

He's not a first, i know of a few.

IMO no better or worse, but what works for you in the end.

I'm just not sure of his reasoning, as he said he climbs hills faster, but on the downhills he is slower, and over the bumpy stuff. So not sure what his intensions are, I'm convinced he just wants a light bike, Ive told him too hang on with the selling of his full sus frame.

Personally, I love riding my 26" hardtail as well, my other bike being a Trance X2. Its a different feel, way more direct. Its in the process of a major overhaul so out of action at the moment.

Edited by Caerus

Started on a hardtail, progressed to a duelly, sold the duelly to contribute towards deposit on a car, and now I'm back to riding a hardtail.... must say the duelly was A LOT more forgiving on the bumps and I found that I caught more speed down hill than I would on a hardtail, and although my @ss is taking a bit more beating now on the hardtail (that sounds bad) I find it easier going up hill :whistling:

Edited by FruityOne