Which Camelbak

Jigghead

Hi,

I have been using a generic hydration pack for a while now and given the increased distances I am now riding, I need to upgrade to a 3l unit. I've been shopping around and can't seem to find any consensus on which Camelbak is the best for my use.

I ride MTB 98% of the time and need something light and practical, a small amount of cargo storage for snacks etc. would be advantageous. The problem is there are so many variants out there; I’m not sure where to look first. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jigghead

I have also looked around, best value for money camelbak lobo from CWC think its less than R800.

cwcycles.co.za

My Camelbak is commuter based on the Lovo & Mule NV - love it and would replace it with a Mule NV if I had to. Also 2nd the option of checking with CWC on best deals.

I got myself a 2010 Capo from chain reaction cycles for R260(got it on the january salecosts over R900 in SA)

Not too heavy(I ride xc with it) and lots of storage space! :clap:

Camelbak Capo 2010

I have also looked around, best value for money camelbak lobo from CWC think its less than R800.

cwcycles.co.za

I second the LOBO, big 3L bladder and enough space for the esentials. Got mine from CWC, great price.

i can highly recommend the camelback mule.have loved the extra fluids and the storage space is awesome.

Camelbak Rogue (if they still make it).

Otherwise you end up with the equivalent of a woman's handbag: the more space there is, the more cr@p finds its way in there.

HiJack on: I have a camelbak mule nv to sell. 2010 model used about 5times. PM me if you are interested

HiJack off

Why do you have to get a camelbag? why not get a 3l generic on? Mr Price Sport do a 3l one.

Edited by TNT1

Why do you have to get a camelbag? why not get a 3l generic on? Mr Price Sport do a 3l one.

Ease of cleaning, quality of design.

Ease of cleaning, quality of design. Premium price for a stupid brand name...

Blah blah... The OP was happy with the design and performance of his generic one,he just need more juice...

Edited by TNT1