EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saxo bank didn't do very well did they? When you have a camp of great riders its easy to show results, the sign of a good manager is getting results from a team of "not so good" riders, Riis in my opinion falls into this group, he has failed dismally to produce the goods this year and his riders appear to lack morale, mostly sitting sulking at the back.

'Alberto's Giro win was probably their sole high spot and when team's like Katusha and Lampre with a fraction of the class and budget beat you in the wins department, its time to rethink your position and maybe leave it to someone else.

Movistar was another revelation, G O G.

I laaik them too.

http://cdn0.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/11/04/2/bettiniphoto_0092564_1_full_600.jpg

Peter Sagan takes up scuba ...

Other pics here

• 3 weeks later...

Basso to write to the Italian Cycling Federation (FCI) seeking clarification on the reasoning behind its decision to bar former dopers from representing the country at the world championships.

The measure, passed by the FCI’s federal council in June, prevents riders who have served doping bans of six months or more from representing Italy at international level and from competing in the national championships. Basso is among the riders affected by the by-law as he served a two-year suspension for his collaboration with blood doping doctor Eufemiano Fuentes in the wake of Operacion Puerto.

“I’ll write a letter to the federation. It hurts me not to be able to ride the Italian championships or the Worlds,” Basso told Gazzetta dello Sport. “The ban angers me and it’s hard to explain. I need to understand the reasoning behind it. I’m always thinking about it, and whatever way you turn it, I find something that doesn’t square up.”Bassi

Basso to write to the Italian Cycling Federation (FCI) seeking clarification on the reasoning behind its decision to bar former dopers from representing the country at the world championships.

The measure, passed by the FCI’s federal council in June, prevents riders who have served doping bans of six months or more from representing Italy at international level and from competing in the national championships. Basso is among the riders affected by the by-law as he served a two-year suspension for his collaboration with blood doping doctor Eufemiano Fuentes in the wake of Operacion Puerto.

“I’ll write a letter to the federation. It hurts me not to be able to ride the Italian championships or the Worlds,” Basso told Gazzetta dello Sport. “The ban angers me and it’s hard to explain. I need to understand the reasoning behind it. I’m always thinking about it, and whatever way you turn it, I find something that doesn’t square up.”Bassi

Very unfair :thumbdown: bull***t if you ask me...

I don't disagree with the stance taken by Italy. Dopers serve a ban and then come back like nothing happened. But if it is only done like this in Italy, the rule is perhaps not so clever - it kept Petacchi out too - he may have given Cavendish a go.

It would be good if it could be made an international rule, or even better would be to extending the max doping ban to 4 or 6 years.

Big problem with dope testing and punishment is that team managers never get into trouble - perhaps the best way to stop doping is to say that if 2 riders on a team tests positive, the manager gets a ban, too.

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2010/01/basso-pod-2-325x428.jpg

“I believe that at my age you can race the Giro and Tour in the same year,” Basso said. “I believe that I can be strong in both, but I don’t think it’s possible to win both.”

Basso on doing the Giro-TdF double in 2012.

---

Probably his final run before retirement. <_<

Like the Schleckies, his TT skills will not get him into yellow at TdF 2012.

:unsure:

Has he now decided on doing the double, I still think his best shot is the Giro - but I can understand him wanting to do the Tour, never having won it.

Has he now decided on doing the double, I still think his best shot is the Giro - but I can understand him wanting to do the Tour, never having won it.

He has to grow some serious TT legs to claim that yellow jersey.

Yeah, Giro will be his best bet.

:blink:

Impressive, I think:

Nibali to be Nr 1 man @ TdF.

From cyclingnews.com:

Vincenzo Nibali (Liquigas-Cannonale) is set to return to the Tour de France for the first time in three years in 2012, but the Sicilian has yet to rule out the possibility of flanking Ivan Basso at the Giro d’Italia in May.

Nibali’s early-season programme will be the same as in 2010, when he began the campaign focused on the Tour de France, but ended up riding the Giro in support of Basso when Franco Pellizotti fell foul of the biological passport on the eve of the race.

“I’ll start in January in Argentina at the Tour de San Luis, then Tirreno-Adriatico, Tour of the Basque Country and the Ardennes Classics, and then the Tour,” Nibali told Gazzetta dello Sport. “But there could also be the Giro. It’s more of a wish than a plan, more of a desire than an objective.”

After finishing his 2011 season without a win, Nibali acknowledged that the importance of getting off the mark early next year.

So, I met the team bike @ 90 000 moola, introduced to me by Tankman at his 'office':

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

post-12015-0-93261700-1323787733.jpg

So, I met the team bike @ 90 000 moola, introduced to me by Tankman at his 'office':

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

I need some clean undies now