• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure whether to stick it here on in the Tour de France thread

The Alt Tour

Can Lachlan Morton beat the Tour to Paris?

https://www.efprocycling.com/the-alt-tour/

The standard Tour will cover 3,383 kilometers. The Alt Tour runs 5,510. The standard Tour asks riders to climb 42,200 meters. The Alt Tour demands a staggering 65,500. It’s a formidable undertaking no doubt, but one in keeping with the ethos of the very first Tour in 1903.

1. Averaging 239km a day for 23 days makes a rider a badass.
2.  Riding Mt. Ventoux twice in one day while carrying all his own gear makes a rider a badass.
3. Averaging 2848m of climbing every day while carrying all his own gear makes a rider a badass.
4. Doing this to raise donations in order to deliver bikes to and thus improve the lives of poor people around the world makes a rider a classy, most excellent badass human being.
5. Being Lachlan Morton makes a rider a badass.

@PsiSquared

C72A1AA8-057E-4B86-8FD3-E487D700D2B4.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:
1. Averaging 239km a day for 23 days makes a rider a badass.
2.  Riding Mt. Ventoux twice in one day while carrying all his own gear makes a rider a badass.
3. Averaging 2848m of climbing every day while carrying all his own gear makes a rider a badass.
4. Doing this to raise donations in order to deliver bikes to and thus improve the lives of poor people around the world makes a rider a classy, most excellent badass human being.
5. Being Lachlan Morton makes a rider a badass.

@PsiSquared

C72A1AA8-057E-4B86-8FD3-E487D700D2B4.jpeg

He was an MTN qhubeka Ryder!

• 1 month later...

Neilson Powless (EF Education-Nippo) defeated Matej Mohoric (Bahrain-Victorious) and Mikkel Honoré (Deceuninck-QuickStep) in a three-man sprint to win Clasicá Cicliste San Sebastián. - CyclingNews 

Edited by 'Dale

4 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Neilson Powless (EF Education-Nippo) defeated Matej Mohoric (Bahrain-Victorious) and Mikkel Honoré (Deceuninck-QuickStep) in a three-man sprint to win Clasicá Cicliste San Sebastián. - CyclingNews 

Nice video.

Well done to Powless... I am glad he beat Mohoric who caused the 2 riders to go down.

Seems the American riders are on a roll lately (Kuss, McNulty and Powless) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://podcasts.apple.com/za/podcast/the-real-science-of-sport-podcast/id1461719225?i=1000539878724

Lachlan Morton is an Australian cyclist famous for taking on audacious endurance challenges, including his recent solo 5500km Alt. Tour de France. In this interview Morton talks about his philosophy, how he gets through the tough moments and how he and his EF Education-Nippo team come up with his crazy challenges. Funny and inspiring, Morton is a unique voice in the world of professional sport.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, TNT1 said:

No one talking about Higuita and now Lawson Craddock?

What are these numpties thinking?

What did Craddock do?

• 1 month later...