• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Oops!

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/06/lachlan-morton-didnt-set-a-new-everesting-record-after-all/

'Sherpa' - new nickname.

New Everesting record at altitude. Wow!

He rode for 169km at an average speed of 22.4km/h, reaching 121.3km/h on the descents with an average power of 276W. He burnt a massive 6,891 calories during the ride.

Sauce: Cyclingnews

wfW9zFZHFXRz6fAW2LvGde-650-80.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

After data issues last week, Lachlan Morton went again yesterday and Everested

The mental requirement, never mind the physical attributes, to do that is beyond exceptional. ‍♂

"Lachlan Morton's time of 07:29:57 is incredible, however the thing that will always remain - irrespective of what happens to this particular record - is that when faced with a result that didn't sit right, he just got back out on the bike and did it again.⁠"

CyclingNews

Edited by 'Dale

After data issues last week, Lachlan Morton went again yesterday and Everested

The mental requirement to do that is beyond exceptional. ????????‍♂️

I think I have a bit of a crush on Lachlan. Someone should convince him to do the Munga as part of his adventurism.

I think I have a bit of a crush on Lachlan. Someone should convince him to do the Munga as part of his adventurism.

I definitely have a gender neutral crush on him - I tried to grow a beard, no luck on my wrinkled babyface, but I do have a gravel bike and am obsessing about some gravel adventures I desperately need to put into action.

ps, don't think he'd take much convincing, someone just needs to get it on his radar (the munga, not my man gender neutral crush

“I don’t train off power so I’m pretty in tune with my feelings. I was carrying a bit of fatigue going in, so I knew I wouldn’t be feeling amazing, so I just tried to make the most of the legs I had on each lap without going crazy.’’

Lachlan Morton

Data of his Everlasting effort here:https://home.trainingpeaks.com/athlete/workout/G4SYCIZEUMXZLTI4FEYTRMETSU

Edited by 'Dale

This Aussie is something else :eek:  It's going to be interesting to see if Phil Gaimon is going to be able to go beyond in his 2nd attempt. I'm guessing not. I don't thnk he was expecting Locky to hit back at it so soon... actually, I know he wasn't, it's mental :wacko:

This Aussie is something else :eek: It's going to be interesting to see if Phil Gaimon is going to be able to go beyond in his 2nd attempt. I'm guessing not. I don't thnk he was expecting Locky to hit back at it so soon... actually, I know he wasn't, it's mental :wacko:

I like Phil and he’s taking it seriously - must be a little soul destroying to see this freak just go and smash it for a laugh almost

I like Phil and he’s taking it seriously - must be a little soul destroying to see this freak just go and smash it for a laugh almost

For sure. I like Phil as well, especially his tongue in cheek humour which seems to fly above the head of most of his youtube distractors  ^_^