EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“Alberto has been a wonderful presence on this team for years now and someone we all absolutely love racing and sitting down to dinner with. His class is apparent, from Flanders to his more recent exploits at Strade Bianche. He’s a major part of this outfit, to say the least.”

Vaughters, on Bettiol extending into 2021 

Edited by 'Dale

• 1 month later...

Phew! What a bike racer.

Lachlan Morton set off on Sunday from Granada, Spain, and is already back, 719 kilometers later, after racing through the remote, ragged southern edge of Europe in record time. He climbed 15,000 meters, down in deserts and up mountains, alone. Eighty-five percent of it was off-road. All of it was unsupported.

The event is called Badlands, organized by Transiberica Ultracycling, and it’s one of the hardest ultracycling events in Europe. The format is simple: start at the start line, finish at the finish line, sleep when you want. First one to the end wins.

Read more here:

https://cyclingtips.com/2020/09/lachlan-mortons-latest-719-km-in-43-5-hours-through-the-badlands-of-spain/

lachlan-morton-badlands-16-of-29-1280x76

hey man, I'm all for the EF kit and bike paint job shake-up. Do you think the Mapei patch work kit was a hit when it came out the first time?

Such a stuck up sport sometimes. People are talking about it, and that's exactly what they want. Have you seen people raging about Ineos? LOL nope. 

the Mapei patch work kit 

It was the sponsors corporate logo. Still is. See the bottom of the packet there?

2b_MAPEGROUT-T40-MAPEI-15777-relb1def6a.

New kit and bikes will be for the Giro. As far as I know the bikes will be up on auction after the Giro.

I do like it.

Off topic, remember those Lance Armstrong artist bikes. Loved the butterfly bike.

I do like it.

Off topic, remember those Lance Armstrong artist bikes. Loved the butterfly bike.

I have no issue with the kit and bikes per se. I personally don't like it cause it's too busy for my taste. 

I like the frame, the wheels are too much.

LANCE_BIKE1.jpg

This is good motivation for the riders to win the pink - green - white jerseys at these grand tours lol

It's getting harder and harder for me to like these hipster doofuses.

So they don't clash with the maglia rosa?

Possibly, When they walked up onto stage yesterday the commentator that was on the SS feed said something about not having an issue with mistaking it for the maglia rosa.

I wouldn't pay my own money for kit or a bike that looks like that but I do think it's pretty cool to mix things up from time to time. Just not what I would choose if I was paying.

EF Pro Cycling to ride special Rapha x Palace Skateboards kit and bikes at Giro d’Italia

https://road.cc/content/tech-news/ef-education-first-special-edition-rapha-x-palace-277679

palace-x-rapha.PNG

cannondalesupersix-evopalace-1.jpg

I really like this, and I really like hipster Lachlan - I like the whole EFF vibe

Hipsters actually proper riding bikes, no problem here.

I am pro anyone riding a bike really, even the guys with the toight tops and belly's poking out.

Even the guys around here on Spez's wearing matching kits who don't wave back at me in my own backyard 

Even the farm worker who wheelsucked me on his 1992 26er and then dropped me up the hill last week