'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope according to the UCI statement it wasnt registered

https://twitter.com/UCI_media/status/1312685818633482240?s=19

According to Vaughters, it was, Gen. Interesting. Notice how the UCI is transparent as to where the fees will go. However, it seems that they were prepared to face the penalty, shake up the status quo and draw more attention to the brand. If not ambush marketing, then shock or sensationalist marketing?  :devil:

Regardless, me want one. 

PIc: S Hockett

ef-kit-giro-2020-dscf7034-1601669800.jpg

Edited by 'Dale

According to Vaughters, it was, Gen. Interesting. Notice how the UCI is transparent as to where the fees will go. However, it seems that they were prepared to face the penalty, shake up the status quo and draw more attention to the brand. If not ambush marketing, then shock or sensationalist marketing? [emoji317]

Regardless, me want one.

Yean for sure they created a lot of hype and gave there sponsor a lot of exposure..seems they didn't register the kit in time.. I reckon that "oversight" was planned as to draw more attention to the brand.

Yean for sure they created a lot of hype and gave there sponsor a lot of exposure..seems they didn't register the kit in time.. I reckon that "oversight" was planned as to draw more attention to the brand.

Having done some work in this space I can with 100% confidence say that's unlikely. 

You have a designer and/or respective designers along with different sponsors, kit supplier, PR/marketing and the team, no one is going to go in on that as a plan under a deadline.

Having done some work in this space I can with 100% confidence say that's unlikely.

You have a designer and/or respective designers along with different sponsors, kit supplier, PR/marketing and the team, no one is going to go in on that as a plan under a deadline.

Was referring to registering the kit with the UCI

• 2 weeks later...

According to Vaughters, it was, Gen. Interesting. Notice how the UCI is transparent as to where the fees will go. However, it seems that they were prepared to face the penalty, shake up the status quo and draw more attention to the brand. If not ambush marketing, then shock or sensationalist marketing? :devil:

Regardless, me want one.

Shirt on eBay for 600 euros - the entire range of clothing and kit sold out in hours

The UCI fined the team about 400 dolla for the kit although the kit was registered. Vaughters was fuming on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Vaughters/status/1312498201140760576

Armstrong's hatred of the UCI makes more and more sense.

When Radioshack changed their kit to all black, also unregistered, each rider was fined 1000 euro, the two directors fined 2000 euro and JB given a two (or was it six) month ban.

Why does the UCI apply rules so haphazardly? Like the sprint line deviation thing. Seems like they are run by the same people that run SA's government, just looking to garb money without adding any value.

Mental strength and physiological capabilities of note

Its crazy hey. Did you see how far ahead of 2nd place he was? Around 16 hours I think.

Mental.

• 2 weeks later...

The EF Pro Cycling squad has taken the unprecedented step to offer one year extensions to all riders who took pay cuts this year and whose contracts were due to expire at the end of 2020, the team confirmed to Cyclingnews on Wednesday.

EF were one of several WorldTour teams to ask riders and staff to take wage cuts to keep the team afloat during the coronavirus pandemic, which forced the UCI to stop all road events from mid-March to late July. Team CEO Jonathan Vaughters said that offering contracts to riders who were burdened with the cuts was only fair.

Sauce: CyclingNews

I want to continue to do as much as possible. I have plenty of ideas for alternative events. I want to do as much as possible in that department. But I also have a fresh motivation to set some new goals for WorldTour events and really chase those, too.”

Lachlan Morton, on renewing with the team

• 2 weeks later...

Such coolness in vision

EF Pro Cycling, Cannondale, and USA Cycling are joining forces to fund and launch collegiate cycling programs at Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs).

Inspired by the new collegiate team at St. Augustine’s University, the first collegiate program at an HBCU, the initiative will start in 2021 with a three-year commitment to fund two new cycling programs at one HBCU and one TCU.

“We believe that cycling is for everyone. Yet, in reality, not everyone feels welcome or has access today,” said Mary Wittenberg, EF Pro Cycling President. ”We want to help increase diversity in our sport, starting with racial diversity in cycling in the USA. Success will require a comprehensive approach across the industry, so we turned to USA Cycling to talk about how we could best target our energies in concert with others looking to help from grade school to masters-age athletes.”

Sauce: Cyclingtips

• 2 weeks later...