EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

http://cdn0.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/03/21/2/foto_12_600.jpg

Ivan Basso (Liquigas-Cannondale) has declared himself disappointed with his results in March, as he failed to make the impact he wished in both Tirreno-Adriatico and the Volta a Catalunya. After an effervescent opening to the season that included victory in February’s GP Lugano, the Italian fell short of his expectations in the past month.

“I’m the first one not to be satisfied with what I gathered in March and in such cases it’s right to recognise that,” Basso said. “My objectives were, and are, to ride the spring at a high level.”

Basso was 7th on the queen mountain stage to Andorra in the Volta a Catalunya, and would finish in the same position overall. While Basso was not content with this result, nor with his 4th place finish at Tirreno, he was able to console himself with the knowledge that his form is currently more advanced than it was this time last year.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ma man continues his building process.

Go, Basso!

:blush:

Ivan Basso (Liquigas-Cannondale) was unable to match the best on the climb of the Alto de la Antigua, but the Italian was still satisfied with his display on stage one of the Tour of the Basque Country. A select group featuring stage winner Joaquin Rodriguez (Katusha) went clear on its 20 percent slopes with 3km to go, while Basso came home 18 seconds later in 18th place.

“It was a real wall, one of the hardest climbs I’ve ever done,” Basso told Gazzetta dello Sport. “I started it in a good position, but to do any better than that on these slopes is impossible for me. I have nothing to be unhappy about, during the race I had good sensations.”

Every time I see this thread pop up, I cant help but wonder ....

WHAT ABOUT HIS SISTA???

post-4352-0-64013500-1302001545.jpg

WHAT ABOUT HIS SISTA???

Ai, Tank... :devil:

So, what about his sista are you wondering about?

Ai, Tank... :devil:

So, what about his sista are you wondering about?

Do you think she gets all Ivan's old bikes, they about the same size and she is about the right size? :)

Do you think she gets all Ivan's old bikes, they about the same size and she is about the right size? :)

Sure, Tank, sure... :P

Sure, Tank, sure... :P

WHAT ABOUT HIS SISTA???

Not so innocent, common knowledge she has done "intervals" with half the Pro Peloton and has more mileage than a bike doing 3 GT in a year while being involved in a doping ring not to long ago.

Either way she is still smoking hot.

Has anybody got her number? :w00t:

You think I am going to share that on the hub?

Try poking her ... on facebook ... she might slap you back :lol:

You think I am going to share that on the hub?

Try poking her ... on facebook ... she might slap you back :lol:

Whips and chains excite me :eek: :oops:

"Aw, man, ma man Basso is not feeling lekka..." :blink:

----

Italian struggling with illness

Ivan Basso (Liquigas-Cannondale) quit the Vuelta al Pais Vasco during Wednesday’s 180km third stage to Murgia.

Basso was sixteenth overall, 18 seconds down on leader Andreas Klöden (RadioShack) after the opening two stages. Fellow Italian Danilo Di Luca (Katusha) and Basso’s teammate Mauro Finetto also quit the race during the stage.

“It was difficult but it’s the right decision. I went deep to stay with the leaders on the opening two stages but I was feeling worse and worse,” Basso said in a statement issued by his Liquigas-Cannondale team.

“I didn’t feel very good in Catalunya but thought I’d get over it. But after talking with the directeur sportif and Amadio (the Liquigas-Cannondale team manager), we decided that the best thing to do was to stop now. I’m really sorry but with two big races like Fleche-Wallonne and Liege-Bastogne-Liege coming up, I can’t take any risks.”

Basso will head home to Italy on Thursday and undergo medical tests with the team doctor Roberto Corsetti.

I wonder if Di Luca will ride the Giro.?

I hope so, I think he is as doped up as a crackhead on pay day, but I dont mind, he makes for really good viewing. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

http://velonews.competitor.com/files/2010/05/Par3269476-300x419.jpg

“It’s a great sacrifice for me to pull out of the Giro but unfortunately with the shape I’m in at the moment I wouldn’t be able to do it justice,” he said. “At the beginning of the season the idea was to ride the Giro before the Tour de France with the view of helping Vincenzo Nibali in his quest for the maglia rosa. Right to the last I tried to find the feeling that I could be comfortable and confident, but it hasn’t arrived.

“So it is in conjunction with the team that we’ve come to this painful decision,” Basso said. “I would have wanted to be there to help Vincenzo but instead I’ll be in the first row supporting him. He’s young and has enormous talent and I’m convinced he’ll be right up there.”

Organizers published a preliminary start list of riders from 23 teams, although changes can be made up until one week before the race begins.

Three-time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador is in the line-up, with his new team Saxo Bank, alongside former Tour winner Carlos Sastre and the Giro champion from two years ago Denis Menchov.

Speaking before La Flèche Wallonne, his first race back since illness forced him to pull out of the Vuelta al País Vasco, he told Cyclingnews that two weeks without racing has affected his form, but he still hopes to race well at Liège–Bastogne–Liège.

He sees Philippe Gilbert (Omega-Pharma Lotto) and Andy Schleck (Leopard Trek) as favourites for Sunday, but hopes to see a Liquigas-Cannondale rider sharing the podium.

Nibali made it to the top 10 for the Liege-Bastione-Liege.

7th, I think.

Ma Man Basso finished in the main bunch 7 minutes later after Gilbert The Great.