EF Education-EasyPost : Chirps, Opinions, Updates

'Dale

http://cdn1.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/05/26/2/1306289539061_qvbuuiriha5j_800_75_600.jpg

Nibali's machine... :drool:

Have a look on the thread about the 650gram Evo,how they add weight to it ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done, Nibali, on a superb effort at the Giro.

Many years of success to come for you!

“I wouldn’t say that my ambitions for the Dauphiné are limited, they are non existent,” Basso made clear.

“I’m coming to look for the right race rhythm for the Tour de France. This is an important week for me. I won’t be able to deliver results but I’ve looked at the course of the Dauphiné and the number of uphill stage finishes will help to make the efforts I need right now. It’ll give me a first indication on what my shape is like at the moment. The sensations will be far more important than the results. I have one month to find the right rhythm and present myself on the start line of the Tour de France with the ideal condition.”

http://cdn4.media.cyclingnews.futurecdn.net/2011/04/24/2/basso_at_start_600.jpg

“I wouldn’t say that my ambitions for the Dauphiné are limited, they are non existent,” Basso made clear.

Made even clearer by his 102nd place in the Dauphine prologue today :P

[/font][/size]

Made even clearer by his 102nd place in the Dauphine prologue today :P

I know, man.

Ouch!

:o

I dont get it man, what has he been doing all this time, preparing for the Tour?, surely by now he should have found his rythm.

I would exepect him and Shleck to be coming to form now and peaking in these small tours.

I dont get it man, what has he been doing all this time, preparing for the Tour?, surely by now he should have found his rythm.

I would exepect him and Shleck to be coming to form now and peaking in these small tours.

He fell ill during a race in March-ish and withdrew.

Then crashed with his rear wheel getting caught in a drain up or down Mt Etna, scarring his face and some other bruises.

And, he had a one-day win earlier in 2011, actually, before all the drama.

So, ma man Basso is not doing well...

Tch! :(

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rzJHDdHabLw/SZ1jvzCXJkI/AAAAAAAABus/Z832YgxnFXw/s1600-h/crying+baby.jpg

One of the day's biggest surprises was the dismal performance of Ivan Basso (Liquigas-Cannondale), who lost a whopping 6:16 on the day, raising serious doubts about his form ahead of the Tour de France. The Italian crashed on his face in training three weeks ago and was already almost five minutes back on the general classification.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rzJHDdHabLw/SZ1jvzCXJkI/AAAAAAAABus/Z832YgxnFXw/s1600-h/crying+baby.jpg

One of the day's biggest surprises was the dismal performance of Ivan Basso (Liquigas-Cannondale), who lost a whopping 6:16 on the day, raising serious doubts about his form ahead of the Tour de France. The Italian crashed on his face in training three weeks ago and was already almost five minutes back on the general classification.

Yeah. its not looking good for Basso AirBender, but my real question is what the hell are you doing here at 4am.? :)

Yeah. its not looking good for Basso AirBender, but my real question is what the hell are you doing here at 4am.? :)

I am finding it very hard to believe that he is that bad at the moment.....It might very well be the case I just can't understand it.I mean yes he crashed and lost about 10 days of full training...but he still trained.

I don't know, either he is in the worst shape of he's life or they have a structured plan in place to try and get him to the tour ready to perform in the last week.

I think that’s the one thing about the TDF is you can be a bit short going in because everything happens in the last 8 or 9 days.

But again this is bad....almost so bad that I think they might be bluffing at the moment???I mean how can he be that weak…even out of form he will normally be up there with the GC guy’s…maybe a 2 or 3 minute gap but 6 min??

Trialling some new fonts of course :P

GOG,

I am in a time zone 9 hrs later than SA...

:blush: