Momsen SL929

Chain-L

I am in the market for a29er HT and have been looking at the Cannondale Flash carbon 29er 2 (R36 0000- 9.9 kg). I saw the Momsen in the latest bicycling and the bike has a great groupset, for the price and it weighs between 9.5 kg (for a Size M, weight given to me by Momsen himself) and 9.05kg as on this review website (My link).

This bike's RRP is R45 000 and I am sure I can get it for around R40 000.

Which route would you go?

Only thing against the Momsen is the fact that it is their first carbon 29er. It is probably a rebadged something, but if that something is of good quality, then it should bo OK? Only has a 3 year warranty vs lifetime on the Dale.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crosses fingers and starts making phone calls!

Dont worry Thumper, there will always be a ALU in my garage for you

Dont worry Thumper, there will always be a ALU in my garage for you

Have you got specs on the 2011 HX2?

Any chance we could run a lefty up front?

i heard it is available in April ??

They have an Alloy one as well, standard with ZTR Crest 29er wheels and Rock Shox Recon Silver (the one i ride..) it's called the AL329, retail R9500.00. 12.68kg's. mine's a bit lighter with a few carbon bits and pieces..

I am in the market for a29er HT and have been looking at the Cannondale Flash carbon 29er 2 (R36 0000- 9.9 kg). I saw the Momsen in the latest bicycling and the bike has a great groupset, for the price and it weighs between 9.5 kg (for a Size M, weight given to me by Momsen himself) and 9.05kg as on this review website (My link).

This bike's RRP is R45 000 and I am sure I can get it for around R40 000.

Which route would you go?

Only thing against the Momsen is the fact that it is their first carbon 29er. It is probably a rebadged something, but if that something is of good quality, then it should bo OK? Only has a 3 year warranty vs lifetime on the Dale.

Hi Chain-L,

I have limited stock of our new Rapidé ProMotion 9 carbon 29er in stock in 18" with other sizes to follow. I could build an SRAM X0 2 x 10 with AM Classic 29er wheels and Reba XX forks (or similar with XT 3 x 10 etc) for under R30,000 An SRAM XX 2 x 10 build would be around R37000

2 year warrantee.

post-1841-0-26056800-1297054361.jpg

Are the Momsen's available yet?

It looks really nice!

They are, Tread reviewed the alloy model recently and the carbon one is currently on test. Alloy one scored extremely well at just under 20k for a full X7 groupset and ZTR wheelset weighing in at approx 11.2kg.

Bike rides like a dream, was difficult to find fault with it.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2011/02/14/momsen-bikes-unveils-19lb-full-carbon-sl929-29er-mountain-bike/

flash's are out of stock till next year...

What??? It is only Feb??

Supply problems from Cannondale international, or incompetance from the local agent? :thumbdown:

If you are a medium I would not look at the Cannondale.As you know Cannondale uses the same size Headtube from a small to a xl bike.The problem comes in for 29ers that to accomodate the lefty they have to have a 135mm headtube which is HUGE in 29er terms.In large and bigger it might be ok but in a M the front end of the bike is going to be too high.Compare the geometry with all the other 29ers out there and you will see.That is why they spec some of the 29ers with 80mm travel.Don't be fooled by the looks etc(they are great looking bikes)the geometry is not right.

my 2c