Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

Perhaps Conto getting caught is just "jungle justice" dished out by the gods of cycling for attacking when Schleck dropped his chain...

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now they just need to prove Lance guilty. It's absurd how so many people flame Contador more about doping, based on his personality. Irrational and absurd.

So, if he gets cleared the UCI will, obviously, appeal. He is then allowed to race whilst the appeal process is ongoing?

So, if he gets cleared the UCI will, obviously, appeal. He is then allowed to race whilst the appeal process is ongoing?

Probably... Valverde road for more than two years whilst the UCI and wada moaned at CAS

Probably... Valverde road for more than two years whilst the UCI and wada moaned at CAS

So UCI gets to put on a big anti-doping show - apparently upholding the crusade against drugs in sport - whilst Albert carries on racing. Everybody else gets to watch him do it. Viewer numbers are higher than ever in the wake of the clenbuterol controversy.

The money is made and blood bags are filled. Another year, another tour.

So UCI gets to put on a big anti-doping show - apparently upholding the crusade against drugs in sport - whilst Albert carries on racing. Everybody else gets to watch him do it. Viewer numbers are higher than ever in the wake of the clenbuterol controversy.

The money is made and blood bags are filled. Another year, another tour.

Agreed, and we sit watching them mount the podium thinking to ourselves that there is actually no real winner :(

So by the time this dragged out saga is concluded he could've potentialy won another two Tours, which he will then be stripped of. What if the plasticizer test is formalised before the appeal process is completed... Wonder if he is thinking about that?

Take the year ban man! Take the ban and be ready for the Vuelta. Yes, I'm one of those guys that would like to see him cleared simply because it would suit me, personally, better (as the TdF will be more exciting). But this is already a big thing and once the appeals start it's just going to snowball and the end result will be real ugly... not just for him but for the sport as a whole.

Edited by Squier

the end result will be real ugly... not just for him but for the sport as a whole.

Yip, if only you were on the board at UCI or Wada...

In it to win it. Doping or not doping, they'll take the extra needle.

Keeps racing exciting. All the big names should be there. that's what we live for.

Maybe the UCI wont appeal the outcome.?

....but even if they did and they get the Spanish verdict overuled, then surely Alberto can appeal their overuling.?

Its just stupid, the appeals can go on until he retires - in my opinion the UCI should just accept the Spanish ruling whatever it is and move on, ....too many people with an axe to grind in these affairs.

So by the time this dragged out saga is concluded he could've potentialy won another two Tours, which he will then be stripped of. What if the plasticizer test is formalised before the appeal process is completed... Wonder if he is thinking about that?

Take the year ban man! Take the ban and be ready for the Vuelta. Yes, I'm one of those guys that would like to see him cleared simply because it would suit me, personally, better (as the TdF will be more exciting). But this is already a big thing and once the appeals start it's just going to snowball and the end result will be real ugly... not just for him but for the sport as a whole.

plasticiser test?

this will never fly.

He will just claim that he was hooked up to a drip once or twice to get vitamins or something else legal.

Maybe the UCI wont appeal the outcome.?

....but even if they did and they get the Spanish verdict overuled, then surely Alberto can appeal their overuling.?

Its just stupid, the appeals can go on until he retires - in my opinion the UCI should just accept the Spanish ruling whatever it is and move on, ....too many people with an axe to grind in these affairs.

But they won't, and I think it's right that they don't. Like I said, I want to see Contador race as much as the next guy, but the UCI accepting it would send the wrong message. It would seem as if they are taking a "softer" stance wrt doping... And that they won't do.

"Long dragged out saga" - inevitable. And somehow I don't see this ending well for Alberto.

Its not anymore about the cyclist winning, its the guy with the best Chemist doctor who wins. Cycling, the UCI(Union Circus Internationale), and Wada, Fada, Sada all are clowns.

But they won't, and I think it's right that they don't. Like I said, I want to see Contador race as much as the next guy, but the UCI accepting it would send the wrong message. It would seem as if they are taking a "softer" stance wrt doping... And that they won't do.

"Long dragged out saga" - inevitable. And somehow I don't see this ending well for Alberto.

Hmm, yeah maybe. I am not clued up when it comes to this stuff, it dosnt really interest me.

It just seems stupid that there can be so many bodies to placate, and procedures to follow, to me its nothing but a typical beurocracy, lots of levels of heads all seeking the limelight and media coverage, all with an axe to grind, and nobody making any rational decisions and doing a bit of work on the ground.

...but yeah, thats just me.!