Contador - CAS ruling. (All things Contador/doping - merged)

sychosid

This tour has not even started yet, that's why I will lay claim to the fact that I find Contador's approach very immature.

This is true as most don't arrive in form, but rather ride into form in time for the mountains.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's because Contador is such a nice quitely spoken Spanish boy who keeps his thoughts to himself, or maybe he just doesn't even have any outspoken thoughts?

You see he can't say too much, he put's his money where his mouth is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As we all know I hardly ever watch road races, but everytime i do, i see a bunch of 5 or six morons try and break away from the rest of the field, and invariably 9.9997 / 10 the pelaton just catches them in the end. Whats the bloody point besides tireing out yourself and by doing that having a tired team?

If I was a sponsor, I would be filled with glee if my rider was to do that.

@Tarmac, most certainly, and the ones who ride themselves fit are the ones who fly.

This tour has not even started yet, that's why I will lay claim to the fact that I find Contador's approach very immature.

What was immature? That he tried to claw back a few seconds he has been penalised and that he is racing to win?

Honestly I dont understand what is immature with wanting to win a stage, Was Cadel also because they should wait for the mountains?

Its a race not a gentlemans precession or everyone should of waited for the other guys to catch up when both crashes happend.

Tube.

everyone should of waited for the other guys to catch up when both crashes happend.

Tube.

I'm a grammar nazi today. This is a South Africanism that comes from "should've". In other words, "Should have" instead of "should of".

Hijack over. I'll grab my yellow jersey (with polka dots) and head for the door.

Tube.

What does this mean?

I think Conti is a knob, you don't win the Currie Cup in May, and you don't win the tour in the first week. Trying to take a stage says he wants to take back what he lost 2/3 days ago, like an upset school bully. What does he want to do - win the TOUR or the daily racing?

Im no LA fanboy, but his stratgey was near perfect for 7 yeasr - he wouldn't have attacked where it didn't suit his style to try and gain a couple of dseconds.

It was interesting to see Andy to take easy first week and build up to the end.. Maybe I am wrong, but it feels like Frank is stronger than Andy???

No one looked comfortable, Andy, Cadel, Frank, Thor etc. How comfortable would you be at 140% maximum effort trying to win a stage or hang on?

Maths dude maths.

You can only put out 100% of your max effort. >100% of your max effort does not exist.

I wish to god commentators would stop encouraging people to become mathematical idiots. 140% of youor max effort is like saying "I ate all 140 of my 100 apples".

As for the "threatened by pro riders" comment. Huh? They're professional bike riders - the only way we'd be threatened by them is if we were (insecure) pro riders ourselves. Threatened by a 45kg spanish man we've never met on a another continent? WTF?

Do I need to contact Captain Obvious to come and give you a lecture?

Edit: and while I'm being anal - it's Clenbuterol not Clembuterol...

That is all - as you were.

Edited by Eldron

There are so many negative Contador threads , I agree that the people who create these must feel very threatened for their favourites, by the great rider.

I hope he has his climbing legs and will be able to challenge for the Yellow Jersey, besides it being great entertainment for us mere mortals, if he manages to get up there this year with all the bad luck and negative sentiments, it must mean he is true champion.

I agree that just the way he had handled eveything to date already puts him in a class of his own.

The fact is that it would had to take a very tough Giro to actually bring him down to the level of the other challengers.

Nobody else in the current Peloton would not or could not even attempt it.

+1

C'mon, that was half a wheel photo finish. Contador can be forgiven. If he'd kicked a few metres earlier he would have taken it. Evans may have won, but I think he was outclassed.

Ahhh remember Zabel handing Freire the win at Milan San Remo with his premature victory salute? Classic stuff...the expression on his face was priceless.

Maths dude maths.

You can only put out 100% of your max effort. >100% of your max effort does not exist.

Knowledge fool knowledge!! Here let me help you learn something in bold as to what I was refering to in the sense of the post and percentage. But then again being the TubePlaster that you are you knew all of this already.

Power Based Training Levels

Level 6

Name Anaerobic Capacity

Average Power 121%

Average HR NA

Description 7 Short (30 s to 3 min), high intensity intervals designed to increase anaerobic capacity. Heart rate generally not useful as guide to intensity due to non-steady-state nature of effort. Severe sensation of leg effort/fatigue, and conversation impossible. Consecutive days of extended level 6 training usually not attempted.

Maths dude maths.

I wish to god commentators would stop encouraging people to become mathematical idiots. 140% of youor max effort is like saying "I ate all 140 of my 100 apples".

As for the "threatened by pro riders" comment. Huh? They're professional bike riders - the only way we'd be threatened by them is if we were (insecure) pro riders ourselves. Threatened by a 45kg spanish man we've never met on a another continent? WTF?

Do I need to contact Captain Obvious to come and give you a lecture?

Edit: and while I'm being anal - it's Clenbuterol not Clembuterol...

That is all - as you were.

Thanx, fixed, shows you even great people makes mistakes. I dont dope so I dont know the drugs, but sometimes a small mistake in the corrects context can be understood by the majority

Any Payne can be cured by Sto Payne

Edited by eccentric1

Knowledge fool knowledge!! Here let me help you learn something in bold as to what I was refering to in the sense of the post and percentage. But then again being the TubePlaster that you are you knew all of this already.

Level 6

Name Anaerobic Capacity

Average Power 121%

Average HR NA

Description 7 Short (30 s to 3 min), high intensity intervals designed to increase anaerobic capacity. Heart rate generally not useful as guide to intensity due to non-steady-state nature of effort. Severe sensation of leg effort/fatigue, and conversation impossible. Consecutive days of extended level 6 training usually not attempted.

So when you said 141% of your max effort you actually meant 141% of your average power and/or aerobic threshold?

I can see how you get those confused. Spoons and door handles must confuse the hell out of you.

Level 6

Name Anaerobic Capacity

Average Power 121%

Average HR NA

In mathematics, a percentage is a way of expressing a number as a fraction of 100 (per cent meaning "per hundred" in Latin). It is often denoted using the percent sign, "%", or the abbreviation "pct"[citation needed]. For example, 45% (read as "forty-five percent") is equal to 45/100, or 0.45 .

Percentages are used to express how large/small one quantity is, relative to another quantity. The first quantity usually represents a part of, or a change in, the second quantity, which should be greater than zero. For example, an increase of $ 0.15 on a price of $ 2.50 is an increase by a fraction of 0.15/2.50 = 0.06. Expressed as a percentage, this is therefore a 6% increase.

Although percentages are usually used to express numbers between zero and one, any dimensionless proportionality can be expressed as a percentage. For instance, 111% is 1.11 and –0.35% is –0.0035. Although this is technically inaccurate as per the definition of percent, an alternative wording in terms of a change in an observed value is "an increase/decrease by a factor of..."

What does this mean?

I think Conti is a knob, you don't win the Currie Cup in May, and you don't win the tour in the first week. Trying to take a stage says he wants to take back what he lost 2/3 days ago, like an upset school bully. What does he want to do - win the TOUR or the daily racing?

Im no LA fanboy, but his stratgey was near perfect for 7 yeasr - he wouldn't have attacked where it didn't suit his style to try and gain a couple of dseconds.

I think it ('Berto's attack) was initially a move to see who would follow, about 10 riders did and he sat up and looked around, no Wiggins and no Andy were present so it made sense to keep going and take back a few seconds. I dont think it was a planned move, it just turned out that way but I dont understand your point, why should he NOT try and take back seconds wherever he can.?

To me it makes sense to reduce the deficit by small increments on a regular basis instead of trying to do everything on 3 big days when you dont know what will happen, how the peleton will react, will you have a bad day, will the others have a good day......too many "maybe's" in my opinion, take what you can when you can, I cant see an issue there.

To me Evans is looking the strongest at the moment. I just wonder if he's going to pay for all these efforts later in the mountains like on stg 1 chasing Gilbert , stg2 putting in BIG turns on the front in the TTT and trying to get the yellow off Thor's back on stg4.

To me Evans is looking the strongest at the moment. I just wonder if he's going to pay for all these efforts later in the mountains like on stg 1 chasing Gilbert , stg2 putting in BIG turns on the front in the TTT and trying to get the yellow off Thor's back on stg4.

Not challenging your comment, but I think we read in to things way too early.

Where I do agree, is that the payback for all those efforts is where the problem lies, output tax hurts like hell when you can't re-invest quick enough.

I will stick my neck out and say that the top riders in the tour this year are the ones featuring the least at this stage.