Best bum cream for mtb stage race

singletrek

Lanolin! Been using the stuff for over 3 years.

Tried lots of other crap on the market but nothing beats Lanolin.

Get a washed, unscented tub from your nearest pharmacy, around R90 for 500ml and it will last you well over a year!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloemfontein

LOL, serious where can I get this stuff coler to home or where do I get Bayer - Milko balm?:unsure:

LOL, serious where can I get this stuff coler to home or where do I get Bayer - Milko balm?:unsure:

DISKEM....like for most of your needs...

Not to sure what the application is for, so I will go both ways....

Chamois Butt'r for riding your bike.

KY Jelly for internal lubrication (aka anal).:thumbup:

Where is the nearest agri store in CT?

Kaap Agri stores:Paarl, Porterville, Stellenbosch, Ceres, Durbanville, Malmesbury, Worcester, Wellington, Op die Berg, Piketberg, Philippi, Eendekuil, Simondium, Darling, Riebeeck Wes, Franschhoek, Rawsonville, Kraaifontein, Lutzville, Vredendal, Vanrhynsdorp and Vredenburg

+1 Yup!! Pure lanolin....goodness from the sheeps wool to your butt...

That's probably the main ingredient in the Assos cream as well...@ 10x the price!!

Have always used the assos cream and after receiving a Lanolin / Milko balm recommendation the other day (THANKS UNDERACHIEVER)I checked out the Assos ingredients list, man there is plenty of "stuff" listed there but noooo Lanolin.

See Assos have also got a repair cream out now to be used after the ride, busy testing it out at the moment.

WHY need repair cream...if you have used the cream in the first place? (R u impying that it does not work??)

I am doing the Route 69 3-day stage race, starting tomorrow. I think I will need to use some bum cream. What shall I use?

Shamoisbutt works well

you're gonna fork out a few gRand to enter a stage race; don't skimp on the R160 a tubbie of assos is going to cost you! 3-days should be fine without bum cream unless you spend hours & hours in the saddle, but prevention better than cure.

some other tips:

your tjommie will love preparation-H. used for piles but really helps to lubricate and sooth the ouchy part inside.

rock climbers swear by a product called "climb on!" to heal skin on their hands after heavy bouts of climbing. i've not used it but reviewers claim it speeds up healing of any skin abbrasions massively. all natural product (no chemicals)and can be used for many many things. they have a cream designed for cycling - methinks it could be a great addition for repair before you whap on the bum cream the next day again. http://www.climbonproducts.com/

Why do you pansys keep on talking about repair?

My gat was nog nooit stukkend van fiets ry nie!

You must be talking about something else then? :unsure:

Why do you pansys keep on talking about repair?

My gat was nog nooit stukkend van fiets ry nie!

You must be talking about something else then? :unsure:

Try do 4 hours on Sat and 3 hrs on Sun on a IDT and then you will unnerstand.

Or just talk to some of the regular epic riders.

Try do 4 hours on Sat and 3 hrs on Sun on a IDT and then you will unnerstand.

Or just talk to some of the regular epic riders.

And add a little mud to it and your cycling shorts getting a bit wet