Best bum cream for mtb stage race

singletrek

WHY need repair cream...if you have used the cream in the first place? (R u impying that it does not work??)

No not all, the chamois cream works and is intended to be used on the chamois after washing and the skin before riding.

I’ve used the chamois cream before as an after ride / wash cream and it worked ok, and I suppose there might be an element of marketing involved with a repair cream. But in my experience the chamois cream feels more like a lubricant (reduces friction) whereas the repair cream has a more soothing effect on the skin. The repair cream seems do a better job of soothing / healing dry chaffed skin and pressure sores but it won’t work as a lubricant.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try do 4 hours on Sat and 3 hrs on Sun on a IDT and then you will unnerstand.

Or just talk to some of the regular epic riders.

Agree w Swiss

Epic 2009:

Prologue - 1:15

Stage 1 - 8:30

Stage 2 - 6:30

Stage 3 - 5:50

Stage 4 - 7:10

Stage 5 - 7:10

Stage 6 - 5:50

Stage 7 - 4:25

You need something for those neither regions....

Milko Balm.....8 days Trans Alps soft as a babies bum.

Used for milking cows!

Apply Benetts Baby bum cream after.

:D

"Milko Balm.....8 days Trans Alps soft as a babies bum.

Used for milking cows!

Apply Benetts Baby bum cream after"

How will you ever explain this to your non-cycling friends... :lol:

Milko Balm.....8 days Trans Alps soft as a babies bum.

Used for milking cows!

Apply Benetts Baby bum cream after.

:D

:angry: :angry: , you did the trans alps ???

WHERE IS THE RIDE REPORT !!??!!!:D huh huh ?? common you have to post pics and let us have one

:lol: bud, I have had weekends with 10 hours in two days and my ass is still intact!

If you wanna punish yourself on a IDT ... of hoe se hulle ... as jy dom is moet jy suffer :)

Edited by Tankman

Oh, I am not say dont use lube!

I am saying use the right lube and you would not need all this "repair" crap you guys are on about.

Edited by Tankman

tankman, methinks the right prevention will not delay pain & sores indefinitely - ride long enough and some level of repairs will be needed.

i just got hold of the climb on! chamois cream and skin repair bars. amped to try it out!

• 5 months later...

Beginning of the month, Assos

Middle of the month, Fissan

End of the month, udder cream

Hahaha!

I am doing the Route 69 3-day stage race, starting tomorrow. I think I will need to use some bum cream. What shall I use?

I quickly read through the posting and although your race is over and done by now there is one rule in cycling that you may not break, never, ever make any changes from your regular pattern with bum cream, supplements, new saddles and shoes or anything else that you have not tested well, right before an important event. This is really looking for trouble.

Bum cream is like a saddle. Use the one that works the best for you and not the cream that cost the most or has the most fancy name or is the latest fashion. The only way to find out is to test it over time.

I use Epizone E and have been using it for the past 8 years and it works well for me.

Yes- IDT is worse on the bum than riding mtb for me, enough time on the saddle will eventually lead to a sore ass, its one of the cyclist's rites of passage(article in an older bicycling mag)