Which Tyres?

1hill@aTime

CAAD, just been reading up on them they sound pretty good, maybe i should wait a month or so when i have a bit more cash and get them.

ewep, but do you think you will feel a difference in speed? i heard for the 1st 50 or so kms they don't ride so well?

I also ride the gator skins, really good tire.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I used mine when we were doing the Telkom 100km ?swim? and they were very solid only had one situation but that was emergency braking going downhill and turning (I heard you are not supposed to do that).

CAAD' date=' just been reading up on them they sound pretty good, maybe i should wait a month or so when i have a bit more cash and get them.

?

ewep, but do you think you will feel a difference in speed? i heard for the 1st 50 or so kms they don't ride so well?
[/quote']

I am riding the 2006 models and they great in the wet and last Sunday got my first puncture in 18 Months!! smiley32.gif

1Hill, huge difference between the Gators and the other crap (no names mentioned) that I have on the other bike.  Yes, first 50km they are a bit "skittish", but after that they are like the proverbial "drol in 'n wolkombers".

As for puncture resistance, Delgado and R2D2 did day 1 of the Panorama on Gators.  It seemed like 80% of the field punctured, but guys and gals with Gatos did not have any problems.

My personal experience has only been good.  The tyres might be a bit heavier, but I'll add the 25g odd per tyre.  You'll win 25sec over a 100km race (thumb sucking, read it somewhere) but with a puncture you might not finish!

Thanx ewep i think i'll go for 23 gators, now should i rather wait before racing on them, reason being, if i fit them today or tomorrow, i won't be training or ridding until sundays bakwena race...

or i ride with my old tyres and you can carry me two spare wheels incase?Big%20smile

1Hill, how many turns on the Bakwena?  If not many, fit the Gators.  Anders, errrrm, bring me the new ones and you can have mine.  Hulle is MOOI ingery!

1Hill, huge difference between the Gators and the other crap (no names mentioned) that I have on the other bike.  Yes, first 50km they are a bit "skittish", but after that they are like the proverbial "drol in 'n wolkombers".

As for puncture resistance, Delgado and R2D2 did day 1 of the Panorama on Gators.  It seemed like 80% of the field punctured, but guys and gals with Gatos did not have any problems.

My personal experience has only been good.  The tyres might be a bit heavier, but I'll add the 25g odd per tyre.  You'll win 25sec over a 100km race (thumb sucking, read it somewhere) but with a puncture you might not finish!

Correction Ewep....we did all 4 days on the same Gators without a single puncture!!!!

GP 4000. I have found very good puncture resistance with these, as well as more than good enough to race on. They are also clearing a lot of slower selling coulours at the moment, so you can pick them up for around R200 I think.

Muntu, have found the GP4000's not to have the same puncture resitance as the Gators.

Delgado, sorry!

I have the same experience on the gators.

Have had them on as training tyres for 4 months now and not 1 puncture.

That is priceless in my book.

The gp4000 I use for the races and they have a little better ride quality but not as good puncture resistance as I punctured on the Argus with the 4000.

The ride quality of the gators are really good and they stick to the road really well and as i mentioned they do not puncture (easily).