REPLY ON EDGE

Chani

Okay, here is my version of the story. Im a new cyclist on the road, wheels is not my speciality. you have contacted me to swop for my zipps. i took photos of the wheels for you of each thing on that wheel you have asked for. There was no crack on that wheel. i have taken the wheels to my bike shop and they said, there’s nothing wrong with the wheels, the bearings on the hub is only a bit dry, and that’s it. The wheels was on my bike, i have done one race with it and i wanted to swop because of the tubbies that i am afraid to change by myself and everyone say its difficult to change. So i didnt swop my wheels bacause there was something wrong with it!it was second hand wheels and you knew it.

The wheels was send to you without any hazzles on 11 JANUARY 2011. Since 11 january 2011 you have never contacted me to tell me anything was wrong with the wheels. As a reasonable person if you have contacted me on the day when you have received the wheels,openend the box and see that those wasnt the wheels you asked for,then you could’ve send it back and i am more than willing to take it back. But you emailed me 21 FEBRUARY 2011. A whole month later while the wheels was in your possesion and you have already made a transaction to sold it to someone else, you come back to me and tell me of all the faults on the wheels that there is and how unhappy you are and now you want me to fix the problem that you have. If you complaining about all the faults there is on the wheels and its not dimpled etc. Why didnt you take the wheels out the day when you received it from the post and checked all these things you complaining about now and send it back? Now you unhappy with me?and i must take the responsibility after a whole month that have pass and the wheels was in your possesion?

Valid point - if true!

This deal went south but with the limited info that I have - I dont reconn it was intended.

Bad luck of the draw between someone who didnt know what to look for and someone who only looked later.

Lets write this one up to bad luck and call it a day.

**** happens - no need to throw it around gents.

Just my 5c

I think if you can give the name of the contact and bike shop that checked the wheels and told you that they were ok then you will be vindicated and this whole thing was a misunderstanding, bad luck etc etc which will have cost Edge some money (not your fault).

If you cant produce the name then there was no bike shop, no checking and therefore you have lied to cover your ass and probably known about the damage from the outset to con a Hubber out of some wheels.

I'm sure its the former... so which shop?

Yip should have taken out insurance on those wheels :blink:

Look like it went through a pothole or some other type of impact like a railway track :unsure:

PS: I had a similar incident where I crashed during the VW HERALD and my rear Zipp rim suffered the same type of crack.

Now I could have sold the wheels on the hub as it was very hard to notice the crack ,but I would never let a fellow hubber 7k out of pocket and then just wash my hands and say it was not cracked when I clearly knew it was.(Not saying this is the case here)

LESSON TAKE OUT INSURANCE ON EXPENSIVE ITEMS!

Edited by wisecrack

A good old conversation with 'Edge Design' will go a long way here.

This is not the place for such discussion.

In support to a meaningful end for you both.

^_^

In my opinion, the time frame for the complaint should not make a difference if the sale was made in good faith. Either the wheels had the crack in them when sold / they didn't. Also, the description given for the wheels does not match what arrived on the other side, so in my opinion the sale is null and void and Snip should take the wheels back for a full refund.

Whichever way this turns out or whoever was/ is at fault, this will definitely make me think twice about buying second hand carbon parts.

A good old conversation with 'Edge Design' will go a long way here.

This is not the place for such discussion.

In support to a meaningful end for you both.

^_^

+1 seeing that the seller is able to back her point of view, and this might not be a normal scam where the seller has dissappeared.

so as AirBender rightfully suggests that this matter can be easily resolved based on its true merits between the 2 parties. fellows hubbers cannot be jury and pass sentence on either party.

H... Smoke!

With that dismal grammar, punctuation and verb blowout I doubt a clear and reasonable conversation is possible!

Skip, Chip, Snip or whatever, stick to cycling.

Edge! 1 MUNTH? You loose buddy.....sorry. :thumbdown: