Tubeless sealant info please.

Mr. G

A few questions that I could not find answered on previous posts.

I thought Joe's and Stan's were originally both amonia based and not latex based, true?

I think that I heard that one of them is now latex based, true?

Can you mix different brands of sealants if they are both latex based?

CO2 bombs don't dry up latex based sealants?

And if you get a side wall puncture too big for sealant, do you put a patch on inside of tyre or do you use a plug?

Thanx

Edited by Mr. G

Latex solution has an amonia base to keep in suspension. This latex solution makes the base of the sealant.

You should be able to mix latex based sealants. I have once mixed latex and a water based sealant and it chucked the latex out of solution (it made a rubber ball).

If the cut is not too long use a plug or 2 to seal it. If it is too long, fit a gator and tube and then patch it from the inside when u get home.

Latex solution has an amonia base to keep in suspension. This latex solution makes the base of the sealant.

You should be able to mix latex based sealants. I have once mixed latex and a water based sealant and it chucked the latex out of solution (it made a rubber ball).

If the cut is not too long use a plug or 2 to seal it. If it is too long, fit a gator and tube and then patch it from the inside when u get home.

Thanx :rolleyes: