Slow afternoon spruit ride - 21 Nov 2012

G00SE

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The river crossing was ok yesterday morning, was just covering some of the stones, but was crossable.

Simon, you should have joined us yesterday.

are you guys crossing william nicol, and do you head back from paulshof side along the same route? Or what would be the best place to join up if i leave sandton at 4:30? thinking of joining in from work if time allows and still need to collect my car to drive home (which ironically is close to paulshof).

If anyone else pitches we will be at the bridge by Pick n' Pay by 4.45, if not I am heading south to Alberts.

My 2nd ride there about a month ago, came onto that little wooden bridge next to the pond (just after crossing the B.H. heading towards emmerentia) with a little too much oomph at an angle, and realised i was headed straight over the edge. clamped down front brakes. Endo'd. Landed on the pipe in the bottom of the stream (feet first). Bike did a full forward flip, and in a single move, managed to grab the bike by the crossbar, swing it back onto the bridge, jump up, hop on and carry on riding.

since then, i take it easy over the bridge.

You can join me - I go slowly.

Let me know which day next week will suit you best...I stay close to the spruit, so I ride there any day.

I'm thinking of going on Wed afternoon,what time would be good? And where would be a good place to meet?

I'm thinking of going on Wed afternoon,what time would be good? And where would be a good place to meet?

What time in the afternoons can you be in the spruit area?

+- 16:00 or later/17:30?

Can do 16H00

great, I think for every Spruit Ride there should be 2 groups, a 16:00(ish) one and the 17:30 group.

Do you have a light yet?

We meet at Fratellis (blairgowrie), but I cycle from Paulshof at a fast pace, from around 15:30 towards Fratellis.

Edited by Karma

Ok..will be @ fratellis round 345 then..going to look for a good priced light today,any suggestion to where I can get one and how many lums 250 ok?

Ok..will be @ fratellis round 345 then..going to look for a good priced light today,any suggestion to where I can get one and how many lums 250 ok?

you need to find something in the 1000 lumen's (what is says on the box, not actual) at least.

Would recommend ordering from extreme lights although you'll need to wait, WC based.

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/30159-1200lumen-biketail-light-rubber-batteryheadband/

For tomorrow, I am sure Slick can lend you on of his 9 lights, we not hunting rabbits tomorrow evening.

I suggest you come tomorrow - dont mind a light for tomorrow and come and check out what we have; the best way for really looking at what it is about I would say.

Ill pm you my nr and what bike or car do you drive just so we dont ask all the other people standing around if they are there for the hub ride. Ill be there around 16:00 and I arrive at Fratellis on my bike.