Great news. Just saw this on PE MTB

" MESSAGE FROM NORM-HUDLIN TRAIL

Norm-Hudlin trail is open and operating. Ian

Pearson has been appointed on a fulltime

basis to manage and maintain the trail. His

cell number is 072 800 9518. Check out their

new facebook page.

RATES: N-Hudlin will continue operating both

the seasonal and daily entrance systems.

Cyclists will be able to choose the option

which is most economically viable for them –

either R20 per ride or R80 per month.

Year membership taken out earlier this year is

still valid.

To confirm your membership please

advise by e-mail to lindeng@telkomsa.net

your payment expiry date"

Yeah, was vocal on their new Facebook page asking what the status of things were, seems new management is also committed to getting the place back to its former glory. Very good news.

Yeah, the trail is open, but it needs a lot of work and cleaning up. A lot of it is closed off since the last rain as well, there is only 6km of the 15km left. With the new prices they will lose business as well unless they make a plan and clean things up.

Yeah, was vocal on their new Facebook page asking what the status of things were, seems new management is also committed to getting the place back to its former glory. Very good news.

I really hope they do clean things up, there aren't many trails here and it's one of my favorites.

The old pricing used to be R10 for a week day, and R20 for weekends. While the trail is only ridable for 6-7km they really shouldn't be asking R20. Regular money for half the trail ain't right.

• 2 weeks later...

The old pricing used to be R10 for a week day, and R20 for weekends. While the trail is only ridable for 6-7km they really shouldn't be asking R20. Regular money for half the trail ain't right.

Agreed. I got a little bored of riding the 6km loop, so I decided to go left near the end of it and check out the older back part of the route. It's overgrown, but dried out and ride-able.