Sub-3h and Sub 3:30h Cape Argus Finishers Wanted for Research on Pacing

Science in Motion

Hi All,

yes, we are indeed looking for a few more 'Elite' and 'Sub-Elite' cyclists. This is due to the very strict criteria we use to assure that we only let cyclists compete against each when they are physically equal and their performance within 2% of each other.

So please contact me, when you are keen to learn about your mental and physical strengths and weaknesses.

Cheers Andreas

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

the last slots in both groups are about to fill up. We have a couple of Elite and Sub-Elite athletes that still need to be matched though. So hurry up and come for the VO2peak test and learn more about the maybe most crucial part of time trial performance - pacing.

Cheers Andreas

Hi Guys,

I have never known my power to weight ratio and have been asked this before... so quick question please... do one need to ride for say 5 min and then use that as your power/weight? or what is the time limit ? Where can one do that as i would like to know my power? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have never known my power to weight ratio and have been asked this before... so quick question please... do one need to ride for say 5 min and then use that as your power/weight? or what is the time limit ? Where can one do that as i would like to know my power? 

Hi Rider3000,

please excuse the delayed response.

There are various ways to determine your power to weight ratio.

We determine your power to weight ratio during a peak power output test. We use a continuous ramp profile starting at 100W and increase by 20W per minute to voluntary exhaustion. The peak value minus 10W (for the avergae of the last minute) is your PPO. That divided by your weight will yield the power to weight ratio.

If you fit the other descriptive criteria you are wlecome to come in and find out.

Cheers Andreas

Archived