Cape Epic Partner needed riding for the jag foundation charity

speedyspurs13

My partner has had to withdraw from the race due to injury. Awful news at this late stage.

We are entered under the jag foundation and riding for them.

Am looking for someone male if possible as we have kit made. But open to options as it so close to the race. And to pay his entry fee.

Please contact me via email.

Thanks

John speed

Hi John,

Just saw your post as I have put out a call to ride if someone needs a partner and would be great to chat if interested just dont have the race entry fee:

I am look posting this in hope of riding the Cape Epic again. I am 39 yrs old and have been racing oversea (Australia, New Zealand and Canada) for +-3 years and don’t have the funds to pay the absorbent race fees Kevin requires. I would still dearly love to ride it and am happy to ride a whatever pace the rider requires. I have raced may stage race globally and have the knowledge and accruement to always keep it fun at all times in dark times. I would say I have the capability to do top 50 if needed but happy to do the long 6-7hr day if other rider is at that pace. I totally understand the demands of this race as have completed it 3 times, could offer invaluable insight into getting the most out of the race and pacing over the 8 days along with where and when to put the efforts in.

So here is in hope of someones partner bailing and me getting to make a lifelong friend over 8 days. I am in Cape Town and live in Kommetjie so happy to do the last months training side by side everyday, as am not working at the moment so have flexible training times. Happy to send you bike industry references as am a Rocky Mountain ambassador and my Strava or trainingpeaks to see that I am not all talk and have done the miles to race the Epic as the last thing I would want to do is let someone down, as the investment physically and financially is huge beside the family life stress this race bestow’ s.

Feel free to call me on 0624787002 or email: paris.basson@hotmail or stalk me on FB: Paris Basson or Strava : Paris

Otherwise happy and safe spinning

Paris