Shimano Di2 Computer short

MTBFanatic

Hubbers,

Have an interesting situation, about a month ago my Di 2 battery started draining overnight, whereas before I could ride for 3 months before needing recharge. Got to the point where it drained completely from fully charge overnight.

Took it to my LBS and after 2 weeks just replaced the battery and all sorted. 

Then the next issue appeared, on my first ride back after the battery replacement I noticed moisture in the DI2 display screen, no issues though, a week later I go for a ride and the system starts to change gears on its own...from granny to big ring going uphill...loads of fun with tired legs and there is nothing you can do about it except stop and try to shift the gears to a more appropriate gear setting.

Took the bike back to LBS, off course the answer is there is moisture in the system which short circuit the computer and causes it to reset and results in gear changes. This after only 11 months of owning the system and being advised this is not a warranty issue but my negligence...pay up and smile.

The answer from Shimano, you shouldn't get water onto your DI2 display...this is a MTB after all. This is one of the better systems to change gears with precision in wet, muddy conditions after all, or at least that is the sales pitch

Been riding with my Garmin for the last 8 years, through all sorts of conditions and never had this problem, it just keeps going.

So be warned, if you are going to ride in rainy conditions.

Anyone else had the same problem?

Great in this day and age that you get companies that back their product,

BIG THANK YOU  to Shimano for assisting and sorting out my issue. They replaced the control screen of the Di2 and now everything back to perfectly working condition.

Big shout out to my LBS, you guys rock and go out of your way to assist and help

Thank you, great service.