Recommend a wheelset or rim - on a seriously low budget

Mr lee

Just received some feedback from the local agents regarding the Formula hubs on my bike and it seems they are on par weight-wise when compared to the latest SLX and XT offerings.

One other advantage is that they have sealed bearings and not the cup and cone with loose balls which I believe are found in the Shimano hubs...

While it may be easier and cheaper to service the Shimano hubs I am sure the sealed bearing setup would not need to be replaced as often as the Shimano's are serviced....but I could be wrong...  :huh:

While the Formula hubs are no where near as good as the hubs offered in the Rapide wheelsets I think they should be good enough to keep me roll'in for a few thousand Km's or so  :)  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just received some feedback from the local agents regarding the Formula hubs on my bike and it seems they are on par weight-wise when compared to the latest SLX and XT offerings.

One other advantage is that they have sealed bearings and not the cup and cone with loose balls which I believe are found in the Shimano hubs...

While it may be easier and cheaper to service the Shimano hubs I am sure the sealed bearing setup would not need to be replaced as often as the Shimano's are serviced....but I could be wrong...  :huh:

While the Formula hubs are no where near as good as the hubs offered in the Rapide wheelsets I think they should be good enough to keep me roll'in for a few thousand Km's or so  :)  

So have you decided to build new rims onto your existing hubs?

So have you decided to build new rims onto your existing hubs?

Well that is the plan but now Rapide are out or 24mm rims :(. have to wait a month or 2 for new stock.

Not sure if there are any other decent 24mm internal width rims that are on par and similarly priced? 

Archived