[Event] The Pie Run Greyton

Events Bot

Event Name: The Pie Run Greyton
When: 29 September 2018
Where: Greyton, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Greyton Mountain Bikers presents our inaugural 76 and 30 km gravel grinding event in September 2018.

The event caters for both pure gravel grinders and mountain bikers to cycle pristine, quiet gravel roads through the countryside in the spring season, a time when the Overberg is at its most beautiful. Green wheat and barley fields, interspersed with yellow flowering canola against the backdrop of the magnificent Riviersonderend mountain range. Riders will be tested on a road that has the appearance of being flat but the truth is soon revealed from your saddle. This is a supported race with three fully stocked refreshment points for the longer distance and one for the shorter ride.

Whilst the riders are out there doing their thing, families in Greyton waiting for their loved ones to return can indulge themselves in the local Saturday morning market or just take in all of the delights that Greyton country village has to offer.

Proceeds from the race will be used directly for the local kids cycling development program which has now been running for five years and provides cycling equipment, cycling outings and MTB training for youngsters from our local community, who would otherwise have very little opportunity to get involved in this sport.

More information: www.ggmtb.com/the-pie-run/

Cost: R250 & R350

Distance: 30km and 76km

Entries: www.entryninja.com

Accommodation Book via www.greytontourism.com

Go to Event Page

GGmtb Pie with logos.jpeg