What Bicycle Lights Do I Need For The Munga MTB?

extremelights

What Bicycle Lights Do I Need

For The Munga MTB? For the Munga MTB you should have three Bicycle Lights and an extra Battery, each serving a different purpose:

1. A Primary Handlebar Light 

The Extreme Lights Endurance Bicycle Light was designed specifically for ultra long distance races at nighttime and will give you exceptional battery life. The standard battery pack consists of a 5200 mAh battery!  LOW mode (40 hours) is fine to use on flat and uphill terrain.  MID mode (10 hours) is great for fast flats and normal downhills.

2. An Extra Battery

Having an extra battery for the Munga is very important, unless you're planning on only riding two days and will be running your light on low mode the entire time. 

For the secondary backup battery, we suggest the 6800mAh Bicycle Light Battery. With the Endurance+ Bicycle Light (2100 Lumen light), you'll be getting an ADDITIONAL 52 hours on LOW mode, and 13 hours on MID mode. Which will give you more than enough time to finish the Munga.

3. A Secondary Helmet Light

The purpose of a backup light is to:

• Get you home safe if your primary light fails (due to crash, damage or running out of battery), or
  • Let you work on your bike when you have technical problems en route.

A backup light has to have its own batteries.  The Extreme Lights Basecamp Headlamp is ideal.

4. A Rear Red Tail Light

You need to be visible from the rear, as there may be vehicles on the road. The Two Eyes Red Tail, AAA Battery powered, is super bright - even during daytime. Take extra batteries, on dancing mode it should last 30h+.

The Munga MTB is known as 'The Toughest Race On Earth', that's why we're giving all the heroes doing the Munga a 10% Discount on all their race equipment. If you're doing the Munga, just pop us a mail at support@extremelights.co.za and we'll send you your discount coupon.