[Event] JOURNEYS WITH GERALD - MATOBO HILLS ADVENTURE 2025

CaptainGrumpy

Event Name: JOURNEYS WITH GERALD - MATOBO HILLS ADVENTURE 2025
When: 12/06/2025 - 18/06/2025
Where: Matobo Hills, Fort Usher,
Category: Mountain Bike

I invite you to join me in one of the most interesting places to ride your bike imaginable. This is a 6 day adventure amongst the iconic granite domes (dwalas) of the Matobo Hills combining spectacular riding, amazing scenery, unique flora & fauna, rock art and local culture plus a dose of local history fro San times to the present!

In keeping with the Journeys with Gerald philosophy of experiencing more than ‘just the ride’, the 2025 Matobo Hills Adventure actually starts with and evening in the iconic Bulawayo Club which oozes history. The next day a quick visit to Khami Ruins provides more ancient history before we ride from Bulawayo to Dwala Conservancy in the East Matobo Hills.

Contact

RIDE SUMMARY

• DATES: 12th - 18th June 2025

• LOCATION: Bulawayo and Matobo Hills, Zimbabwe which is a World Heritage Site and so much more!

• WHO SHOULD RIDE: Any relatively fit and moderately skilled mountain biker wanting a unique experience and who is

prepared to get an overload of the unexpected. We know the area so well that we sometimes change routes ‘on the fly’

to suit the group, so it is possible to have shorter routes for more recreational riders.

• DISTANCE & ELEVATION: Approx 300km, Ascent 4000m, Descent 4000m

• BIKES: Mountain bikes, hardtail or full suspension are fine and eBike friendly. It is the responsibility of each rider to get

their bikes to and from the tour. Air flights from SA allow bikes, but there are restrictions on e-bikes, so participants must

check on this.

• PRICE: R39 000 per rider sharing accommodation in Lodges.

• WHAT'S IN/OUT: Just about everything required in Zimbabwe is covered, excluding a few meals & drinks, so check the

details below .

• EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED as it's impossible to put the value of our Zimbabwe hosts into words!

• Read this info as a guide of what to expect as there are many opportunities to change and add value to the experience.

For more info: WhatsApp 0828960392 or email info@detourtrails.co.za

Go to Event Page.