Katima to Cape - 3000 km - 14 days - eZee electric

wjsw

Yes, the toughest electric cycle ride till date (ever!)?.right here in Africa in the blazing Namibian summer! For more information and to Follow the trip live - katima to cape website<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please read the daily updates - every cyclist at heart will love Rupert's account of this gruelling ride through the Namib desert - http://www.electricbicycle.iblog.co.za/category/katima-to-cape-ride/ - the ride blog

There are daily updates and the end of the road will be at Canal Walk on Sunday the 8th of February 14:00?please come and support the brave riders! There will also be an auction for a South African charity of one of the bikes. Popular mechanics, USN and MTN science centre will also add some flair to the day!

Starting in the Namibian town of Katima Mulilo, the two riders cross the Caprivi Strip before turning south at Rundu, and heading towards Windhoek. From here the route descents the central plateau into the Namib desert. High summer temperatures, dust and gravel roads will push the riders and bikes to the limit. Passing Sesriem, the riders head for Rosh Pinah and the Orange River, before crossing into South Africa. A straight run through Garies and Clanwillliam will see them finish in CapeTown, 3000km and 14 days later after averaging more than 200km per day.

eZee%20Torq%20and%20the%20road%20ahead

wjsw2009-02-03 02:52:56