ParcelForce Local Partner

patches

Hi!

Does anyone know who the local dispatcher/courier partner is for ParcelForce in SA?

I'm expecting a CRC order, and had 8 missed calls from an un-recognized number all in the space of 4 min. When I treid to phone back there was no answer.

I'm hoping it's my order. Does the local courier linked to parcel force usually phone before they come?

Who are they?

Thanks

EMS/SA Post Office if it was sent via Parcelforce. Which means it will be like a normal counter to counter piece. After they've accessed it, you will receive a slip to collect and to inform you how much VAT you'll need to pay.

Phone Customs or Sapo with your tracking number to hear what's going on...

Customs: 011 961 6000

Sapo Track and Trace: 086 011 1502 
Brighter-Lights2010-01-13 01:06:55

Welcome to my recent nightmare. It even eventually turned out that the EMS driver was too freaking lazy to look for my office and dropped the parcel at the local Post Office.

Do you self a favour and call the International mail center and get a local tracking number, from that you should be able to track your order.

Darn! That's not on!

I'm seriously hoping it wasnt dropped at my local Post office. The Wellobie Post Office in Weltevreden Park was broken into sometme in the last 2 days. I already fear that my other CRC order (via Royal Mail) was there Confused.

But I'll call EMS, the international post office, and everyone I can

Oh, and with the courier, does one pay customs duty C.O.D?

Thanks!

(as you can tell, I'm a first time CRC buyer Embarrassed)
patches2010-01-13 01:09:27

Darn! That's not on!

?

I'm seriously hoping it wasnt dropped at my local Post office. The Wellobie Post Office in Weltevreden Park was broken into sometme in the last 2 days. I already fear that my other CRC order (via Royal Mail) was there Confused.

?

But I'll call EMS' date=' the international post office, and everyone I can

?

Oh, and with the courier, does one pay customs duty C.O.D?

?

Thanks!

?

(as you can tell, I'm a first time CRC buyer Embarrassed)
[/quote']

Yip, you need to pay customs and duties COD, however the International mail centre can give you the exact figure when you get the tracking number.

I've been lucky in that EMS/SAPO usually deliver it direct to my office. I've only once had to collect from the Post Office.

The duties etc. are COD. It's usually some obscure figure for which the driver never has the correct change.

My parcel from CRC seems to be taking a tour of the country, according to SAPO track and trace, but according to the chap I spoke to on the phone it's not misssorted, just on route to me.

Eventually got through to customs. All they know is that the parcel left the UK a week ago... but that's nothing I didn't know.

I guess the upside is that if it hasn't cleared customs yet, it couldn't have been jacked when my local Post Office was broken into. Whew!

...but... the waiting game continues!

Phone Zelda Kekana (also goes by Monni Kgekana) at the International Mail Centre. She is a super lady, been very nice and appreciative of her prompt service after my first CRC experience. SInce then I phone her everytime, and she helps within minutes, even phone me back if info is not at hand. Give her your parcelforce no, she'll give you a local tracking no and the exact amount of Vat to pay.

011 961 6000/1/2/3 - just be patient, they don't always answer TOO quickly!!!

Thanks guys!

I've just spoken to people at EMS and the International Mail Centre, and no luck. All they can tell me is that my order left the UK 8 days ago.

Is this not abnormally long?!
patches2010-01-14 03:04:11

It should look like this eventually. It only becomes SAPO's (Intl mail centre) responsibility when it has been received at EMS. Until then it's parcelforces responsibility. So best take it up with them or CRC itself

Looks like your's is stuck between Ireland and Heathrow...maybe dropped over Isle of Man to evade taxes!! Big%20smile 

carelgrundlingh2010-01-14 03:43:32