Rant - Freeway cyclists

DesertConvert

You just confirmed what you are.

Nuff said....Fly seemeeu Fly

Listen boetie...... my writing preferences has sweet blue f....all to do with you...... now be nice and stop stalking me!!!!!!!!!......... you are making a nuisance of yourself just because you are suurtiet that you were naughty previously. I will ignore you in the future. Stalkers normally go away if they are ignored.

This is where Coenie took the step of just being a normal Hubber like the rest of us and became a suurtiet stalker...... poor fella!!!!! Also when he tried to dictate preferences to me...... seems to be a habitual problem boetie...... seek professional help before it is late......!!!!!!!

Previously posted by our dear Coenraad!!!!!

Originally posted by coenie

Originally posted by Big H

Big H, do you also contact the traffic department when you see(photograph) a car or taxi or bus behaving badly, or do you only do it with cyclist? If it is that you do it all the time, good on you...if you are only targeting cyclist then I ask WHY?

Coenie..... dit is nie nodig om suurtiet te raak met my as ek uitwys hoe fietsryers wat veg om hulle naam te behou omdat hulle op hulle eie stoep skuit nie. Steek eerder jou hand in jou eie boesem en kyk wat trek jy daaruit ou perd!!!!!!!

For English see below.
----------------------

So wat is jou punt? Ek het al taxi's, busse ens geraporteer maar vir my lyk dit dat jy net 'n probleem het met fietryers. Will jy he ek moet vir jou foto's stuur waar ek 'n rooi lig "skip" om jou die tyd the spaar? Ek sal dit met graagte doen.Want ek ry hoe EK veilig voel op a fiets.

Fietsryers, taxi's, Busse, oumense(my ourers as voorbeeld), jong bestuures ens. Hulle ALMAL a slegte naam as dit by patgebruik kom en dit gaan nie enige verskil maak hoeveel foto's jy op die "Hub" sit nie, hulle almal sal nog steed a slegte naam he. As jy die wereld will vebeter, doen dit ordentlik...alles of niks

Nog 'n ding, hoekom is dit dat jy in engles "post" en as mense vir jou trug post slaan jy oor na Afrikaans? Wat probeer jy doen? Diegene wat nie kan Afrikaans verstaan nie rondneuk, of dink jy, jy is spesiaal omdat jy tweetalig is?

My vyftig sent.

----------------------
English translation...
----------------------
So what is your point? I have reported taxi's, busses etc, but it looks to me like you have a problem with cyclist only.

Do you want me to send you pics of me skipping red lights, in order to save you the time? I will do it with pleasure. I ride in a way that makes ME feel safe on a bicycle.

Cyclists, taxi's, busses, old people(my folks for eg),young drivers etc. They ALL have a bad name when it comes to roaduse and it is not going to make any difference how many photo's you post on the hub, they will still have a bad name. If you want to improve the world, do it properly...all or nothing

Another thing, what is your problem with you posting in English, but when they post back to you, you then switch to Afrikaans? What are you trying to do? Do you want to stuff the people who do not understand Afrikaans around, or do you think that you are special because you are bilingual?

My fifty cents.

Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 10:56am

Big H, do you also contact the traffic department when you see(photograph) a car or taxi or bus behaving badly, or do you only do it with cyclist? If it is that you do it all the time, good on you...if you are only targeting cyclist then I ask WHY?

Coenie.... Coenie.... Coenie ek is 'n fietsryer nie 'n taxi drywer nie. Dit gaan hier oor fietsryers en die slegte naam wat fietsryers het. Ek woon nie eers in Suid Afrika nie maar ek gaan binnekort daar aftree. Dit is mense soos jy wat oor rooi robotte ry en die wet minag wat vir my en vele ander wat wetsgehoorsaam is 'n *** naam gee. Dit is mense soos jy wat op my stoep *** en dan word ek oor dieselfde kam as jy geskeer. Jy is een van die laakbare fietsryers daar buite.

Ek praat die taal van my keuse, dit is my reg. Ek is nie 'n koloniale hensopper soos jy wat mense probeer pilletjies gee om hulle happy te hou nie. Jy gaan definitief nie punte score deur jou posting in beide tale te plaas nie. As die ienglieshmens nie my taal verstaan nie mis hy uit. Ek kan sy taal praat, hy kan my taal leer.
Big H2010-02-16 15:14:31

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about stalking.....seems Seagull spend almost an hour on stalkinig 8:50 to 9:35

I am interested why I was "naughty previously"...well acutally not....don't care you show your true Afrikaans, brandy and coke roots.

Fly seemeeu fly!

Guys, if you have issues with one another, please send each other PM's or exchange emails addresses or create a Coenie vs Big H thread(for those that feel like following your conversation) or something.

Make a meaningful contribution to the thread or don't post here please.

DesertConvert, I was saying something possitive, about BigH, that I appreaciated the post etc. And that it shows that when people post without al the !!!! and ??? that other people actually read the post.

I have send him a PM before and was ignored....

Quote from my post

"I actually read this properly and might even consider it when using the roads"

I found this thread very interesting, and it was not me that started the name calling.....

Hijack off...

Youngster got killed in our town on the N17 where it ends and where you are permitted to ride a few years ago by a car driving on the wrong side of the road

Talk about stalking.....seems Seagull spend almost an hour on stalkinig 8:50 to 9:35

I am interested why I was "naughty previously"...well acutally not....don't care you show your true Afrikaans' date=' brandy and coke roots.

Fly seemeeu fly!

[/quote']

Just for the record, I am Afrikaans and I take offense Angry to the above. Stop generalizing/catagorising (spelling?) people.

Sorry for the hi-jack!

...... another point everyone has missed is that it is illegal to ride in the emergency lane!

Unless it is between dawn and dusk' date=' visibility is at least 150m, it is safe to do so and you have moved over to let other vehicles past (a pretty much permanent state for a cyclist).

[/quote']

... yes, so by rights you should cycle in the road lane and only move over into the emergency lane when a vehicle come up behind you.

On freeways/highways that applies to motor vehicles since bicycles should not be present there. On normal roads I suppose that would apply to cycles too.

Unless it is between dawn and dusk, visibility is at least 150m, it is safe to do so and you have moved over to let other vehicles past (a pretty much permanent state for a cyclist).

I also thought this and then stopped where traffic cops were wrtting tickets and asked them this exact thing, and the response was that

"unless you are stopping for an emergency, it is illegal to DRIVER in the yellow lane"

Guys' date=' if you have issues with one another, please send each other PM's or exchange emails addresses or create a Coenie vs Big H thread(for those that feel like following your conversation) or something.

Make a meaningful contribution to the thread or don't post here please. [/quote']

DesertConvert I apologise for hi-jacking. Please do a search on the Hub name "coenie" and see to what extent he is stalking my posts.

I have also reported coenie's slanderous posting above regarding my "roots" to admin/modertors.

I also thought this and then stopped where traffic cops were wrtting tickets and asked them this exact thing' date=' and the response was that

"unless you are stopping for an emergency, it is illegal to DRIVER in the yellow lane"[/quote']

I've also spoken to a (rather senior) traffic cop who also said that.

Regulation 298A of the Road Traffic Act says:

2)        Notwithstanding subregulation

(1), the driver of a motor vehicle may, during the period between

sunrise and sunset, drive such motor vehicle on the shoulder of a public

road which is designated for one lane of traffic in each direction ?

a)        while such motor vehicle is being

overtaken by another vehicle; and

b)        if he or she can do so without

endangering himself or herself, other traffic, pedestrians or property

on such public road; and

c)        if persons and vehicles upon a

public road are clearly discernible at a distance of at least 150

metres.

It's unfortunate that the skillset and knowledge of our traffic police doesn't extend much beyond how to operate a speed trap and the regulation relating to speeding.

Edman2010-02-17 07:14:11

I also thought this and then stopped where traffic cops were wrtting tickets and asked them this exact thing' date=' and the response was that

"unless you are stopping for an emergency, it is illegal to DRIVER in the yellow lane"[/quote']

(1), the driver of a motor vehicle may, during the period between

on such public road; and

metres.

It's unfortunate that the skillset and knowledge of our traffic police doesn't extend much beyond how to operate a speed trap and the regulation relating to speeding.

Hey thanks for this, where can on get a set of these regulations....I want to have them in my car....maybe many copies and hand them out when I see people getting fined for NOT doing anything wrong....

2)        Notwithstanding subregulation (1), the driver of a motor vehicle may, during the period between sunrise and sunset, drive such motor vehicle on the shoulder of a public road which is designated for one lane of traffic in each direction ?

a)        while such motor vehicle is being overtaken by another vehicle; and

b)        if he or she can do so without endangering himself or herself, other traffic, pedestrians or property on such public road; and

c)        if persons and vehicles upon a public road are clearly discernible at a distance of at least 150 metres.

Hey thanks for this, where can on get a set of these regulations....I want to have them in my car....maybe many copies and hand them out when I see people getting fined for NOT doing anything wrong....

Note the "AND", this regulation is only for when vechicle is being overtaken. 

Just in case someone thought this gave the right to drive in the yellow when traffic is slow.LOL

(1)' date=' the driver of a motor vehicle may, during the period between

on such public road; and

metres.[/quote']

It seems that this does NOT apply to cyclists.

A Motor Vehicle is defined in the National Road Traffic Act 93 of 1996 as:

'motor vehicle' means any self-propelled vehicle and includes-

(a) a trailer; and

(b) a vehicle having pedals and an engine or an electric motor as an integral part thereof or attached thereto

and which is designed or adapted to be propelled by means of such pedals' date=' engine or motor, or both such

pedals and engine or motor, but does not include-

(i) any vehicle propelled by electrical power derived from storage batteries and which is controlled by

a pedestrian; or

(ii) any vehicle with a mass not exceeding 230 kilograms and specially designed and constructed, and

not merely adapted, for the use of any person suffering from some physical defect or disability and

used solely by such person;

[/quote']

on the other hand...

'pe dal cycle' means any bicycle or tricycle designed for propulsion solely by means of human power;

It seems that this does NOT apply to cyclists.

A Motor Vehicle is defined in the National Road Traffic Act 93 of 1996 as:

'motor vehicle' means any self-propelled vehicle and includes-

(a) a trailer; and

(b) a vehicle having pedals and an engine or an electric motor as an integral part thereof or attached thereto

and which is designed or adapted to be propelled by means of such pedals' date=' engine or motor, or both such

pedals and engine or motor, but does not include-

[/quote']

I reckon the part where it talks about pedals and being propelled by pedals probably covers cyclists.

Hey thanks for this' date=' where can on get a set of these

regulations....I want to have them in my car....maybe many copies and

hand them out when I see people getting fined for NOT doing anything

wrong....

[/quote']

You can look here:

http://www.acts.co.za/rt_nrta/index.htm

The NRTA section was last updated in 2003, so it's missing some of the newer regulations (e.g. compulsory bicycle helmets), but this particular regulation is still in the current act.

Edman2010-02-17 09:35:41

Time for a bit of common sense!

If you are riding up a long hill on a freeway and you approach a junction: Do you a) stay in the emergency lane and take the off-ramp or b) join the 120 km/h traffic and hope for the best?

At 20km/h a cyclist is covering 5.5 meters every second while at 120km/h a car will cover 33 m/s ....... doesn't fuggin matter what the law says .... common sense should be the deciding factor. 
idrive2010-02-17 12:13:16

Time for a bit of common sense!

If you are riding up a long hill on a freeway and you approach a junction: Do you a) stay in the emergency lane and take the off-ramp or b) join the 120 km/h traffic and hope for the best?

At 20km/h a cyclist is covering 5.5 meters every second while at 120km/h a car will cover 33 m/s ....... doesn't fuggin matter what the law says .... common sense should be the deciding factor. 

Fuggin law say you may not ride on a freeway..... whether you ride in the shoulder or not..... fuggin law further says you will NOT recieve any insurance and will be liable foryour own costs (that includes your funeral) as well as damage to third parties when the 18 wheeler you do not hear flattens you!!!!!!!!