Fork Shock making noise on Rebound

ianhoy

I have a RockShok J3 - Oil Shock - it makes a sound like metal hitting metal on the rebound - why would this be happening - it was services about 300km ago and the down stroke is peerfect

does it make that sound at the bottom of teh stroke, or on the rebound? and is there a nice PING to it??

Sounds like the damper is loose..... if this is the case maybe you should also make sure there is enough oil left in the damper upper tube. and in the lowers! Also if there is not enough oil in the rebound shaft the damper will not function correctly.... im not a shock expert... but this is what i can collect from the given info!

Good luck

does it make that sound at the bottom of teh stroke, or on the rebound? and is there a nice PING to it??

No only on up and it makes a "thunk" sound - like a hammer lighly hitting a piece of metal

Sounds like the damper is loose..... if this is the case maybe you should also make sure there is enough oil left in the damper upper tube. and in the lowers! Also if there is not enough oil in the rebound shaft the damper will not function correctly.... im not a shock expert... but this is what i can collect from the given info!

Good luck

How do I check this

check on the bottom of your shock on the rebound side. take out the reboud adjuster and use a 5mm allen key try to tighten this if it is loose this might be the cause of your problem... but you might have lost some oil.. so better send it back to where it was serviced and have them check it again