Sunward Slipstreamers

Silverstreak

Hi All "Sunward Slipstreamers" & friends

Sunday training 12th Sep 6:30 start

I haven't managed to download a map - so will try and give you the general idea of where we would like to take the club ride for Sunday.

From the boom ride straight down Nichols Road - Turn right into Kingfisher - continue all the way down to Heidelberg Road and turn left. (Alternatively we could turn left into Ronderbuldt road - not sure which is the better of the two roads)

Continue until you get to the R554 Boundary Road - turn right - follow the road round and through Alrode/Alberton. Once you get to Swartkopies - turn left. You will remain on this road (R554) all the way to the T-Junction at Vereeniging Road,Kibler Park - the turn around point.

The majority of the road is double and with a reasonable side shoulder and relatively flat. The only risky section is through Alrode - but hopefully at that time of the morning - traffic will be at a minimum.

Sat 11th Sept - Beginners training ride :

Don't forget our Beginners ride on Saturday - The Stadium Loop - all are welcome. This is your opportunity to get out of hibernation and back on your bike. We will still start from gate at 06:30 and ride to the stadium. Going up Parkrand hill and down past the stadium.

REMINDER - if anyone is home tomorrow morning from 08:30 to approx 11:00 (with nothing to do) come down to the Boksburg City Stadium - our club is doing the time trials for the Ekurhuleni Metro Games. Two of our club members are riding (Marius Stevens and Nicolette Lees) Good luck !