Durbanville Mtb Night Rides

Wannabe

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to join u guys next time round.

Please add me to your list, Wannabe.

thanks

Will do, but keep an eye on this thread. Will post all and any rides we do.

Plan is to do a ride every Tuesday nite, starting 18h00 at circle by the Durbanville Hoerskool (Top of Koeberg rd). Routes will change every so often. Start venue can also be changed, depending on majority vote.

Thanks Tankman. I'll definitely keep that mind for the evenings where I'll be in the office until 18:00 anyway!

Looks like I'll be the nomadic ghost rider. One week you see me, the next week you don't. :lol:

Wannabe if your are not there, who is going to lead up that last hill? You know that I am only good for the first 10 5 minutes.

How long will you guys be riding? I don't want to tire myself before the 100 Miler, but keeping the legs loose will be good.

About 1h 45 Mins from the school. Speed not too high, in fact slowish, about 22km/h.

Sounds good, I'll see if I can make it. No promises and don't wait for me, but let's see...

Wannabe if your are not there, who is going to lead up that last hill? You know that I am only good for the first 10 5 minutes.

Not gonna make the ride (tried to get tomorrow's ride and a ride on Wednesday past the missus, NO LUCK :lol: :P) Sure there will be someone to take my place up that last hill.

Last night started as a solo ride for me and I decided to do a shorter route. On Spes Bona a rider caught up, it turned out to be Musashi and we then had a easy ride to the end of Spes Bona and back and then home via Adderley. I did 1h35 at just slower than 22km/h.

Last night from my point of view:

Well, I arrived about 10 minutes late and expected the "group" to have left by then. I didn't know which way they would have gone, but Spes Bona seemed like the most obvious choice so I rode in that direction at a brisk pace. Coming over the hill at Diemersdal I saw a flashing red light in the distance and thought "Cool! At least I'm not on my own". I hammered down, rode hard and still only managed to catch Mr Legs halfway down the Spes Bona road. By that time I was dead tired so the rest of the "easy" ride was quite welcome. I finished on 24km/h and quite a good work out!

But it was lekker meeting Mr Legs and hopefully the rest of the guys sometime as well!

Thanks Merwe!

Hey Musashi, it looks like its only you and me doing the ama rider, are you doing the full or the half?

Archived