Ergomo

JasonW

From my personal experience with two Ergomo's: road bike for almost a year and mtb for a couple of months and I am very happy.  So are the other Ergomo users that I ride with.

Only issue I have had is a crushed cable (cable tie too tight), corrected by the agents.

If you want a relatively low cost unit that you can use on multiple bikes, with any wheels and disk brakes when needed, I dont think there is anything to compare.  Take Sabie this weekend: I would need 2x powertaps one for each wheelset.

Downside is that you need to run old style cranks to cater for the BB, these can be tricky to find especially if you want something light and that can fit Rotor rings.

I am definitely watching the Quark with interest- it looks like it had the benefits of SRM design with Ergomo computer and much lower price.  Problem is from what I read, there is no mtb version on the horizon. 

Of course if I win the lottery, I would get SRM's for the whole fleet!